Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB-powered mini speaker

Options
  • 18-05-2010 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

Want something to amplify movies I watch on my laptop. Any recommendations?

Looking at forking out no more than 20 euro.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,400 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Get something like THESE, Maplin do them I think

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 43,936 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I bought an XMI XMini II off Amazon to push my order of an iPhone Development book over £25 to get free shipping.

It was only shipped today but these are meant to be the dogs balls.. check out Amazon reviews:

Average Customer Review
    4.8 out of 5 stars (454 customer reviews)
    - 5 star: (388)
    - 4 star: (45)
    - 3 star: (12)
    - 2 star: (5)
    - 1 star: (4)

Review:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

xmini 11 are pretty good alright..

small and suprisingly loud

sound quality is not exactly "altec lansing" though

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭maninaskirt

I got one of these from PCWorld http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/advent-a0nxt09-pc-soundbar-03070791-pdt.html, wont work with my Win7 laptop but worked with the other Vista machines I have. HTH. Sound was not too bad and they just clip onto the top of you screen.

Advertisement