Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Driving without due care and attention summons

• 18-05-2010 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hi all,

I was in an accident last November driving from Crossbarry to Cork. It was the night the really bad flooding started, very dark and no street lighting. The rain was very heavy. I was working at a local pharma plant at the time and on my way home. It was witnessed that my car veered into right hand lane and as a result I crashed into oncoming car, car started spinning and I also crashed into a second car coming from opposite direction. The first driver has claimed personal injury and I have acknowledged claims and settled insurance claims with my insurance company. I only had a provisional and was only person in car at the time bt had to drive due to absence of any bus routes.

I now have a full drivers licence and have to appear in court in 2 months. i plan to talk to a solicitor but wanted to see if any of you have any ideas to how serious this is? Could this go to a court case? any advice would be appreciated as I am really worried.

Thanks,

Sarah

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I think the weather is an extenuating circumstance which could cause a reduction in visibilty.

However the argument still stands that you should drive with regard to the prevailing conditions.

Accidents happen so play the extreme weather not seen in this country in 35 years card.

Also don't take anything on this site as legal advice. Judging by the severity of the charge you should get in touch with a good counsel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭fortuneteller

Dont panic and dont waste your money on a solictor.Im sure your well able to speak for yourself and it always sounds better coming from the person.Dont hide behind a solictor it wont do you any favours.Bow your head and explane exactly what happened.Sorry judge it was an accident not undue care.Good luck;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

get a solicitor....play the bad weather card as hard as you can....good luck....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

sorry fortuneteller but that is the worse course of action to take. Every judge in this country was a solicitor/barrister once and a lot of them hate to see their old mates done out of a few bob.
    Some of them will even take offence to a person appearing before them without any legal back-up.
    Anybody who is at fault in a fairly serious traffic accident should always engage a solicitor to try and ensure the best possible outcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭TheNog

I would strongly advise you to speak with a solicitor well in advance of the court date.

• Advertisement
Advertisement