Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bicycles in apartments

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

well I meant (and I think you know) separate storage as I have seen on the continent, or maybe the floors just shouldn't be carpet, but then people would be complaining and sue if they slipped.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

Merch wrote: »
    I presume he means pedals taking lumps outta stuff, as a former cyclist it happens eventually no matter how careful you are. While it may seem pedantic, do you clean that mud off or does someone else? and when it needs to be painted, I guess they probably have to paint a whole wall while they're at it as labour will be paid for, I presume that also comes out of the sinking fund which someone pays for.

Better if adequate facilities are in place that allow people to keep their bikes secure.

I've never taken lumps out of stuff with the pedals. I'm generally holding the bike by the axis, with the pedals right beside me, so I don't even understand how that could happen.

Yes, I brush the mud off the next time I'm going downstairs and after it has dried a bit.

The complex does actually provide enough space for me to store the bike in the underground garage, but it's currently filled with junk instead :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

I was going to post about how I don't seem to be clipping anything with my shiney new, smaller, lighter, road bike, as its much easier to manoeuvere than my heavy, child seat laden down, extra large hybrid, when the wire from my headphones got caught in the saddle and pulled it over and it took a chunk out of the wall!!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭carmel27

I bought my own apt 2 yrs ago and am now considering purchasing a bike. We have nowhere to park bicycles outside, and in a coversation I had recently with a neighbour, I questioned whether or not it would be ok to leave it in the large common area. The response was basically a load of babble about insurance, health and safety blah blah blah, but none of it was actually factual information and all of it was based on the fact that they definitely wouldnt want me leaving it there. (In fact, Id imagine the maintanence company guy was probably contacted 2 mins later and advised that I was considering it.) Doesnt seem to concern them that another neighbour leaves a childs bicycle and a buggy there. So now I dont know what to do. If I bring it into my own apt, I'll be dragging it across carpet, which is obviously going to piss someone else off. I havent actually checked it out offically yet, but must do. Just wish Id held out a few months longer, and bought a house for what the apt cost back then!!! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

carmel27 wrote: »
    If I bring it into my own apt, I'll be dragging it across carpet

Carry it.

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭carmel27

Lumen wrote: »
    Carry it.

I'll try:eek:

Advertisement