Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I break lease agreement because of noise?

Options
  • 18-05-2010 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Evening all,I live in a flat which is an attic conversion over the landlords main house, and the noise from water pipes is keeping me awake most nights, if it not the rushing of water thru pipes, there is also a constant dripping type noise. Allied to this the tenant in the adjacent flat snores and walls are like cardboard. I've had enough of it and would like to move.I've a 12 month contract, which I'm half way through. Do you think there is sufficent reason to break the agreement? |Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

I'd approach the landlord first and tell him how irritating the noise is, he might be able to offer some help with it.

Every house makes noise, and given that you're already halfway through your contract and have managed so far I wouldn't imagine you'd get very far trying to get out of your lease without some sort of penalty.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Anotheridiot

Thought as much. Thanks anyway.

Advertisement