Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

021 Telephone Book 1970s 1980s

Options
  • 18-05-2010 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Anybody got a Telecom Eireann (or maybe it was still An Post) telephone book for the 021 area code for the mid-1970s and also for early 1980s? I want to check up on a telephone number from that era.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,187 ✭✭✭mossie

xonet wrote: »
    Anybody got a Telecom Eireann (or maybe it was still An Post) telephone book for the 021 area code for the mid-1970s and also for early 1980s? I want to check up on a telephone number from that era.

There was never an An Post phone book. If not Eircom it would be P&T.

• Registered Users Posts: 912 ✭✭✭chakotha

They were Posts & Telegraphs. There was one for Dublin and big one for the rest of Ireland (!). I can picture them now. In 78-79 or so the Dublin one was brown and the rest of the country one was blue. We had just got our first phone in.

I haven't seen one in years I'm afraid. Maybe central post offices or eircom would have archives. Try calling one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Try the city or county liabry

Advertisement