Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

voluntary redeployment teaching

• 18-05-2010 9:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Hi there!
    I'm a secondary teacher in the mid west who in the last year was made CID. These jobs are like gold dust now and are as rare as hen's teeth, I appreciate that.
    Myself and hubby have two very young children and would really like to move closer to home (ie up the west) as we are three hours from family and despite our best efforts we feel very isolated living where we are. My husband can do the move without affecting his job as his job involves being on the road a good bit and there is a chance in the next couple of years of being moved up to an office in the west anyway. Trouble is I'm reluctant to leave my CID job, especially in the current economic climate.

just wondering what happened to the panel? I remember it was there for a good while but now removed because of redeployment negotiations?! However, is the redeployment the unions and the Dept are in discussions about, the compulsory (school closing down, surplus to requirements etc) redeployment kind?
    I'm sure I'm not the only one in this situation (people getting married,want to move home etc). Is there some way of requesting a transfer or at least having the chance without having to completely give your job up and start again at square one? It is there for the civil service, guards etc.
    Anybody know anything about this because I can't seem to find out information on this anywhere and understandably I can't go asking people in the school I'm in. Thanks, much appreciated!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

I've just emailed the ASTI asking them because there are some full time jobs going that I would like to apply for but eventually I would need to move as they are not in the area I need to settle with my fiancee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭solerina

I am fairly sure I have seen some 'adverts' in the Astir magazine where teachers are looking to swop with other teachers in.....whereever they want to move to. Im sure this depends on both principals being happy with the swop but it may be possible to do this, definately contact the ASTI and ask.
    Good Luck

Advertisement