Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing House while on Rent Allowance

Options
  • 18-05-2010 9:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hi Guys,

I am coming up to the end of my lease and I am currently getting Rent Allowance, can anyone tell me what are the requirements in changing houses?
    Do I need to fill out new forms or do I just inform my CWO of change of address and Landlord?

Thanks for your help.

Laura:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

yep inform the community welfare officer but make sure your new digs are still within the limit for RA and rent allowance acceptable bring the forms with you and get new landlord to fill them in it should be a straight transfer of address best of luck with the move

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭Darlughda

Good luck with finding a decent landlord. You'll need it to find one who is not only decent, but accepts rent allowance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Lollie22

Thanks for the info, what form will I need the Landlord to fill in? I have a house ready to move into when this lease is up so I just want to make sure I know what to do in regards to my RA as I cant afford any glitches in timing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭edellc

you need to go to the local community welfare officer they will give you a rent allowance form however the rent must be at or below the threshold that is allowed so ask your CWO what that is as if its a penny over they wont let you take the house also the CWO needs to come view the property to make sure it is suitable but try go to them before you move so there are no hitches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dimplesxoxo

hi

im new to all this boards.ie but im also looking for the same advice but ive been to my cwo and they dnt deal with RA anymore you have to send your forms off to dublin, the last address i sent off on the swa3 form fell through so i had to send off a new one with new address, im four and half months pregant and lease is up the end of the month so thats why im moving to new premises with a friend, i signed a lease today and handed over a deposit they say not to but i had no other choice...i need somewhere to live... i really hope it works out though cause i know the crap you have to do nowadays is a headache.... i hope they still give me the RA for new house...

:confused:

• Advertisement
Advertisement