Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bulmer's Comedy Festival Cancelled

• 18-05-2010 10:19pm

Lost Bulmer's as a sponsor apparently,pity was looking forward to it again this year - saw some great acts over the years.

Comments

I'm confused.

source?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭pat58

cancelled you sure:eek::eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭padz

bulmers comedy festival...who played last year at it? which tends to have the beter acts bulmers or kilkenny cat laughs fest?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,620 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

padz wrote: »
    bulmers comedy festival...who played last year at it? which tends to have the beter acts bulmers or kilkenny cat laughs fest?

Michael McIntyre, Jimmy Carr, Rich Hall, Paul Merton and Stephen Lynch are the ones I remember, but there were loads more.

I've found that more mainstream acts go to Bulmers as opposed to Cat Laughs festival. This years Cat Laughs is very weak in my opinion, especially in comparison to the Bulmers one, although the Cat Laughs has a lot more Irish comics.

Papa Smut wrote: »
    I'm confused.

source?

Don't want to name him,but first heard this a few months ago from a American comic friend of mine,who wanted to play...had always assumed they'd find a new sponsor though,seems to be cancelled for definite now

• Advertisement

I can't find anything on the web about this.

I asked around and no-one knew anything, so please back it up or I will close this thread.

Cheers

Alrighty,I'll send You an e-mail I was forwarded,not sure if its been announced properly yet,so I probably should have kept my mouth shut :)

ok. You probably should have kept your mouth shut ;-)

Thats a bit sad. It's going on in Waterford though...

http://www.ticketgroup.ie/Bulmers_Comedy_Festival_tickets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,620 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I always found that the gigs were announced and then Bulmers would almost take them onboard.

Last year Jimmy Carr tickets were on sale for 6 months before the gig and then maybe two months before it, it became part of the Bulmers Comedy Festival.

And that was the same for Michael McIntyre.

Jimmy Carr, Al Murray, John Bishop, Kevin Bridges all are touring around the time the festival is normally on, so whether its a "festival" or not, I'm sure it'll be the same.

Advertisement