Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

/dev/random/

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

tumblr_mbtvpwIUQX1rejzjmo1_400.png

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Funny you should post that because there is a deleted scene from the movie 'In Bruges' where we see a younger version of Ralph Fiennes' character walk in into a police station and chop a cops head off, and who's playing this younger Harry?
    Step forward one Matt Smth.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

1353462624-0.jpg
    Kinda creepy..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,664 ✭✭✭doctorwhogirl

ixoy wrote: »
    Kinda creepy..

Very creepy...My Little Time Travelling Pony....

I also find this disturbing. I'm all for throwing an aul pumpkin on an infant for Halloween but this child looks disturbed by its attire.

Baby-Doctor-Who-Cosplay.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭Daemos

542853_501944533162549_225033305_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

• Moderators Posts: 51,805 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

tumblr_me9tbxbH501qhzm18o1_500.jpg

If you can read this, you're too close!

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭bradyle

Don't know if people have seen this or not but the BBC are doing an advent calender for Doctor Who. Every day has something new unlocked!

Enjoy!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p011gpsb/features/doctor-who-adventure-calendar-2012

• Registered Users Posts: 8,813 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

Z8Puk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

305489_518100901556151_1973795931_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I love how they can't hold character at the end. :D

Was trying to book flights on Ryanair yesterday, the captcha was Bow Ties Are Cool...never would have guessed O'Leary was a whovian

bradyle wrote: »
    Was trying to book flights on Ryanair yesterday, the captcha was Bow Ties Are Cool...never would have guessed O'Leary was a whovian
    Doubt it was the man himself.
    Not sure if I should open a new thread about this but Eoin Colfer, him of Aretmis Fowl fame has written a short ebook featuring the First Doctor as part of a series of well known young people writers doing pieces for the 50th anniversary.

320921_582666958414002_1737952903_n.png

• Registered Users Posts: 8,427 ✭✭✭Morag

• Registered Users Posts: 24,253 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I know of at least one child who'll be getting that for his birthday...

Not looking at you Das Kitty.... not at all! ;)

6h70w.jpg

tumblr_mgd3eiHB6L1qdxgpro1_500.gif
    tumblr_mgd3eiHB6L1qdxgpro2_500.gif

K6gTVd4.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Just linking because it contains the F word...

http://shiftjiscat.tumblr.com/post/39707753392

• Advertisement

Friend of mine has set up a new Facebook page for Irish Who fans, if anyone's interested :)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Gallifrey-Is-that-in-Ireland/141555199337182

UUk2Jjr.jpg

3WTyITe.jpg

2122 x 1188 Version:

http://i.imgur.com/AkrpUU9.jpg

Hey just in relation to the facebook page Daemos linked to. They're starting to do this thing where you watch one classic story arc a week and discuss it on Monday. Next Monday's is The Deadly Assain, which is apparently the 3rd serial in the 14th season of Doctor Who.

Just thought some people here might be interested in taking part

• Registered Users Posts: 24,253 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Is that real? Or a production still?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

So..

Found out Windows 8 has transitions on desktop backgrounds.

Changed my background to this and have it changing every 5 minutes.

I'm currently selling a rare Doctor Who figure from the Character Building range on eBay. So if anyone is interested, please get your bids in :)

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/281061317649

Posted with kind permission of the forum moderators

He walks among us!!!
    Man with two hearts survives double-sized attack

By Brian Alexander, NBC News Contributor

At first there didn’t seem to be anything unusual about the man who, in 2010, reported to a Verona, Italy emergency room. He was short of breath, sweating, and had low blood pressure – cardiovascular trouble, no doubt. E.R. doctors see similar symptoms all the time.

But this man was very different indeed. He had two hearts.

“We haven’t ever seen anything similar to this case before,” Dr. Giacomo Mugnai said in an email. It turned out that a few years earlier, the man had undergone a procedure known as a heterotopic heart transplant. Unlike an orthotopic transplant, in which one organ is removed and another put in its place, a heterotopic transplant pairs a new organ with a diseased one.
    “We see this in cardiac patients or kidney patients, sometimes,” explained Dr. Rade Vukmir, professor of emergency medicine at Temple University and a spokesman for the American College of Emergency Physicians. “Surgeons might leave a kidney in place if it’s too much trouble to take out, or if there is hope for recovery of a kidney, or a heart, after a period of time” of being helped by the new organ.

In the case of the ailing Italian, reported in the Annals of Emergency Medicine, the transplant team had mated his new heart with his malfunctioning old one. Chambers and blood vessels of the two hearts were married so that the new heart could support the old one.

But there’s a risk, explained Vukmir. “You can develop two independent heart rhythms, especially in a scenario where one heart gets a little better,” he said.

That’s what happened to the 71-year-old Italian. At first doctors tried drug therapy to correct the dysrhythmia problem, but his blood pressure continued to drop and eventually his heart – actually his hearts – stopped, he lost consciousness, and stopped breathing. One jolt with a heart defibrillator brought him back. Surgeons then replaced his implanted pacemaker, and today he’s healthy, and still with two hearts.

Such patients are extremely rare these days, Vukmir explained. In the 1990s and into the 2000s, external machines called ventricular assist devices could be used to do the job the second heart in the Italian man was doing, but they were enormous, and enormously expensive. Putting in a second heart was a workable alternative. Today, though, the devices have shrunk to a manageable, portable size and heterotopic heart transplants are almost never done. Fortunately, Vukmir said, well-trained E.R. doctors are made aware that some people are still walking around with bodies that give new meaning to the term “a lotta heart.”

http://bodyodd.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/01/19/10183598-man-with-two-hearts-survives-double-sized-attack

Looks like the Sycorax are invading Russia.

• Advertisement

xtLZPDG.jpg

Advertisement