Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem Unlocking Phone

Options
  • 18-05-2010 11:14pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭

Basically, I managed to pick up an o2 formatted Nokia 6700 off a friend of mine for a huge bargain. I love this phone and I obviously switched my SIM Card over to it and have been using it ever since.

But, my 'old' phone is a relatively new Nokia 5310 XpressMusic. Normally, when I get a new phone, the old one is got rid of straight away, but this is too new and still completely functional to get rid of!

As a lot of my college friends are on Meteor and have been at me to switch to Meteor, I thought I'd switch my old phone over to Meteor, getting a new 085 number and so on.

However, while Meteor were grand (giving me the SIM pack and all that), o2 have really been dragging their heels with this, always refusing to give me the unlocking code, and I requested this code on the 5th of May... So it's been almost 2 weeks and they have not given me the code, even though I am entitled to it.

I could understand if I was a 'bad' customer to o2, but I've been with them since I was 12 (21 now), I always top up by at least €25 a month (usually more) and I always buy my new phones (well, this case is the exception) in an o2 shop. So I'm quite understandably peed off.

Anyone know of how I can get the unlocking code myself or of anywhere apart from an o2 shop that would give it to me?

I accidentally posted this a while back in the ''Gadgets'' forum, but then I saw this forum and I'm guessing I might get more luck here!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

o2 should be getting it for you. Should be inside ten days too. You could get it unlocked in an unlocking shop, but it will cost you about 30 euro.

I would try push o2 again, or send a Pm to daryll from o2 who is on boards here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

Davy wrote: »
    o2 should be getting it for you. Should be inside ten days too. You could get it unlocked in an unlocking shop, but it will cost you about 30 euro.

I would try push o2 again, or send a Pm to daryll from o2 who is on boards here.

What's his boards.ie username, or is that it?!?:o Stupid question, I know. But I really want to get this resolved.

And Davy, believe me, I've been venting my spleen at o2 for the last week and I'm getting no joy... I'm sincerely tempted to get my solicitor to send a letter to them, but that would only cost me €100 for something I should get for free!!! That's how pissed off and desperate I am at the moment!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Advertisement