Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3store refused to repair

Options
  • 19-05-2010 12:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭

i was in the Henry street 3 store earlier and a woman was in looking to have her faulty handset repaired and the assistant told her that they would not and could not repair it or take it and send it for repair as it was gone past the 28day store period when they could replace the phone and she would have to go to fone menders if she wanted a repair! he even went as far as taking the woman to the door and giving her directions to the fone menders.

i was gobsmacked to say the least, could not beleive the lies being told to a customer when a much easier thing to do would have been to book the phone in and tell the woman she would get a call in about 10 days or less when her phone was ready. i really did think that this company were after changing for the better but am not so sure now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭krpc

foggy_lad wrote: »
    i was in the Henry street 3 store earlier and a woman was in looking to have her faulty handset repaired and the assistant told her that they would not and could not repair it or take it and send it for repair as it was gone past the 28day store period when they could replace the phone and she would have to go to fone menders if she wanted a repair! he even went as far as taking the woman to the door and giving her directions to the fone menders.

i was gobsmacked to say the least, could not beleive the lies being told to a customer when a much easier thing to do would have been to book the phone in and tell the woman she would get a call in about 10 days or less when her phone was ready. i really did think that this company were after changing for the better but am not so sure now.

You went to her rescue, right?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

foggy given you were a bystander you might have not known the full story or even heard the conversation correctly

Also for somebody that hates Three so much why are you hanging out in there stores if your not rescuing "customers" from Three's customer service? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,687 ✭✭✭whippet

while you were listening in to other's conversations were you able to assertain if the handset was faulty due to physical damage or something the user did .. if so Three would be right to tell them to jog-on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

foggy_lad wrote: »

If she dropped it, or it got wet, or damaged it herself, they had no obligation to do anything. So they could have been correct, do you know what happened to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭djdunny

AFAIK Fone Menders deal with 3 repairs anyway so maybe the sales assistant was giving the woman the quicker option to hand it in to the local store instead of waiting for the phone to be sent away for repair.

i may be wrong on this so feel free to correct me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

3 are in partnership with Fomemenders whe have a walkin centre in the GPO Arcade. If a 3 customer brings in their phone/modem before 12 them it's same day repair (free if under warrenty). If it's after 12 it's next morning. 3 customers take preference over the other networks also. Foggy Lad the sales person was giving the customer the quickest route to getting their repair. If they booked it in it would have been gone for 5 days. As far as I know their stores in Limerick and Cork also send customers to the local Fonemenders in those cities for same day repairs. Pretty great service if you ask me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Walkman wrote: »
    3 are in partnership with Fomemenders whe have a walkin centre in the GPO Arcade. If a 3 customer brings in their phone/modem before 12 them it's same day repair (free if under warrenty). If it's after 12 it's next morning. 3 customers take preference over the other networks also. Foggy Lad the sales person was giving the customer the quickest route to getting their repair. If they booked it in it would have been gone for 5 days. As far as I know their stores in Limerick and Cork also send customers to the local Fonemenders in those cities for same day repairs. Pretty great service if you ask me
    yes this is an excellent service to offer customers but if you read my original post the shop assistant told the woman that the shop would NOT take in her phone under any circumstances as it was gone beyond the 28 day return period and her warranty now meant the manufacturer was responsible. i am not disagreeing with them or any shop making it easy for customers to get their phone fixed but more in the way this womans statutory rights were negated by the shop assistant, she had the right to have three deal with her phone but three refused saying that she had to go to fonemenders.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 miss_marple

Hi there, as a 3 customer I am familiar with their returns policy. Basically, if a phone is faulty it can be returned within 14 days of purchase for a refund, within 28 days for a like-for-like exchange, if it's outside 28 days and is faulty then it has to go to Fonemenders, I know they're quite strict on this policy. To be honest, by telling the customer to go to Fonemenders directly was good advice because if you book in a faulty phone in a 3 store it can take up to 2 weeks to get it back, at least it did for me anyway!! Hope this helps.

Advertisement