Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Animation Jobs

Options
  • 19-05-2010 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Just a question are there any Jobs in the animatoin industry in Ireland :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭ztoical

Depends what area of animation your looking to work in and what your qualifications and background are. It's mainly freelance and contract work on a project basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭click4444

I have a diploma from Ballyfermot College for Diploma in Classical & Computer Animation. I worked in 3D games I've done storyboards for live action adds for TV. Character designs for a few projects and I did 2D animation. Looking for work.

Pretty much every animator in Ireland has a diploma from Ballyer....check studio websites as most post when they've got openings or having up coming projects starting. Otherwise send your reel out and get involved in networking events like Pegbar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

its kinda depressing at the moment every speaker we had this year was telling us there is no work. one guy said he'd give some us jobs in bloody china ! apparently there having a animation boom over there, but the pay is awfull.

Id do what z says just chatting to people about stuff can get you some nice offer's of people on youtube and face book groups.

When there's no work going make work. Yes you'll prob have to get some crappy unrelated retail job to pay bills but your in a career that involves alot of ups and downs, use the downs as a chance to work on your own ideas as you certainly won't have time for them when working on other peoples projects. Looks alot better in your portfolio and cv if you can show your self motivated, most of the personal projects I've done have lead to paying work.

Yes there is alot of work in China and India at the moment and the pay is low but the cost of living is also stupidly low. The studio I'm working for at the moment is working with a studio in India and there is alot going on over there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement