Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread Closure

Options
  • 19-05-2010 12:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭

I have came across countless Threads that have been locked as a result of a decision to do so by Mods. By all means this may be perfectly within a Mod's rights, but they don't give reasons WHY they have locked them. The impression of reason they give is i.m.o. because they personally felt the Thread was un-necessary, but it's just a pity and such a shame as this may not be the universal view and feeling of other readers and posters. I'm not creating this Thread to cause trouble or offence, it's just that with these locked Threads I have came across I would have loved to add my post, but because of it being spoiled and ruined due to being locked, I can't add anything. :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Mods aren't obliged to add a reason before they lock a thread. In many cases it's pretty self-evident why the thread was locked and therefore such a post is unnecessary. That said, it is probably something that will be addressed when we get round to discussing how we can enhance the "Boards experience" for users as part of the FeedForward project.

Advertisement