Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody with a good understanding of how tide times are derrived?

Options
  • 19-05-2010 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭

I'm looking to make a (MySQL) database of tide times for wherever possible in Ireland, as accurately as possible.
    I've emailed the UKH(ydrographic)O(ffice) regards buying the data, but no reply yet..
    I'm wondering do I need to store each daily high and low (and the respective height) of *every* location I'm covering, or should I just do Dublin port, Cork port, Galway and Limerick and do offsets for the rest, as some tide table books do?
    Any idea how the Irish times calculate theirs? I know they come from the UKHO since they're (c) Crown Publishing..
    I'm pretty sure I'll have to pay for the data, just wondering how to go about storing it now..
    Any insight or help would be much appreciated! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭kindredspirit

Click on my signature and scroll down to the Tides section.

Two other sources for tide info, Proudman Laboratories and WX Tide 32. The latter is free.

P.S. Just looked at your photographs. Great! particularly of Killary and The Great Blasket.

Advertisement