Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working in Tallaght - where to live?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭warrenaldo

D3PO wrote: »
    good list only problem is Firhouse isnt in Tallaght ;) In terms of Tallaght Kilnamanagh probably should be on that list aswell

Firhouse is in Tallaght! Its Dublin 24

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

spockety wrote: »
    I would recommend Old Bawn or Bancroft. The 77A bus will go right by your industrial estate, and also by the edge of both of those estates.

In fact if you lived in Bancroft you could easily walk to work in about 10 mins. I'd say it's about a 15-20 min walk from Old Bawn. Cycle time from either is only about 5 mins.

You didn't state if you are looking to buy or rent?

If its renting there are plenty of apartments in and around bancroft which are quite nice. Plenty of amenities nearby, shopping, doctors, dentists, restaurants, etc, plenty of buses, and at the top of the Greenhills road.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Stee wrote: »
    If its renting there are plenty of apartments in and around bancroft which are quite nice. Plenty of amenities nearby, shopping, doctors, dentists, restaurants, etc, plenty of buses, and at the top of the Greenhills road.

May be true alright, I'm afraid I'm old tallaght and still can't quite get my head around the apartments beside the square, never mind the ones where H.Williams and the old tyre yard used to stand! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,879 ✭✭✭D3PO

warrenaldo wrote: »
    Firhouse is in Tallaght! Its Dublin 24

Facepalm thats the same as saying Blanchardstown is in Castleknock because there both Dublin 15 :rolleyes:

the concept might be alien to you but 1 postcode doesnt mean 1 area

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

good list only problem is Firhouse isnt in Tallaght ;) In terms of Tallaght Kilnamanagh probably should be on that list aswell

Well, it used to be :D

Is it not still D 24?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Diageio_Man

i'm from Tallaght myself(kingswood hts), i'd go for some were around kingswood hts, kilnamanagh,belgard hts, bancroft, or around tallaght village or greenhills.

There all very nice areas and within walking/cycling distance from the greenhills road.
    You also have the plus point if you live in kingswood,kilnamanagh,belgard hts of being on the luas line which will bring you into town or up to the square very realiably. plus your very close to dunnes stores in killnamanagh s.c for shopping and theres a post office there aswell.
    I wouldent bother with tempaleouge/terenure there further away and it will mean more hassel to get to your work place.

i'm from Tallaght myself(kingswood hts), i'd go for some were around kingswood hts, kilnamanagh,belgard hts, bancroft, or around tallaght village or greenhills.

kingswood good call. Was trying to think of the name of that place but I couldnt for the life of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Zamboni

spockety wrote: »
    Anyone working on the Greenhills road, living in Ballinteer, and using the 75 bus as their commute is in for a life of utter utter hell.

I'll take your word for it.
    I've only been on the bus once and that was just trying to get to the pub :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭knighted_1

AARRRGH wrote: »

You should also check out the Lidl in Fortunestown. The kids try to smash the windows there every day. They even put up these mad mechanical shutters to stop them, but now the kids are breaking the shutters.

Obviously I am sure there are plenty of decent people on these areas, but there's also a lot of complete scum.

here you go again -- mad machanical shutters ?

they have been installed in numerous lidl,s and heres why - the windows are more or less south facing and the sun is shining too strong thru the windows directly on to the tills and blinding staff and customers --they can be adjusted acording to the position of the sun and can be closed at nite if need be - shops inside the square have shutters also ,no biggie

knighted_1 wrote: »

he he goes again what ?

by the way I have yet to see you appolgise to him for insuating he was making up the stone throwing incidents.

If your going to call somebody out and say there making things up be man up when your proven wrong.

• Advertisement

he he goes again what ?

by the way I have yet to see you appolgise to him for insuating he was making up the stone throwing incidents.

If your going to call somebody out and say there making things up be man up when your proven wrong.

not that i have to justify myself to you ,but in fairness its none of your business ,i asked him to rectify his statement,which i dont believe still .then he makes a wild assumption on why lidl have motorised shutters ,(aldi have them also on south facing stores )

i think you will agree my explanation of the shutters is the correct one

now also the op was asking for suggestions on where to live ,this poster comes on and rants about an area making little of the people who live there ,i dont think the op asked for that .

if i need a bodygaurd on any other thread i will see if your free
    thanks for your concern

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,382 ✭✭✭✭AARRRGH

they have been installed in numerous lidl,s and heres why - the windows are more or less south facing and the sun is shining too strong thru the windows directly on to the tills and blinding staff and customers --they can be adjusted acording to the position of the sun and can be closed at nite if need be - shops inside the square have shutters also ,no biggie

Even if what you say is true (the shutters are because of the sun, and let's forget for a moment how much easier it would be to use normal blinds inside the shop), you have completely ignored that fact that the windows are constantly being smashed, and the shutters are being vandalised.

If you don't believe me, I invite you to go to the Fortunestown Lidl any night of the week to witness some smashed and cracked windows.

I have nothing to gain by making this crap up. The place is full of scumbag kids and teenagers.

I have nothing to gain by making this crap up. The place is full of scumbag kids and teenagers.

why do you feel you have to share that fact on this thread ? the op asked for suggesrions on where to live NOT where not to live

grow up and stop posting stuff thats negative to the area cant be proven on my part of yours -

if you want to rant there is a separate forum for that

why do you feel you have to share that fact on this thread ? the op asked for suggesrions on where to live NOT where not to live

grow up and stop posting stuff thats negative to the area cant be proven on my part of yours -

if you want to rant there is a separate forum for that

Ah come on, is this a wind up?

Advising the OP where to avoid is definitely on topic if she is asking for advice on where to live.

Everything I have said can be proven. Just go to the Lidl and take a look, or drive around Jobstown, Fortunestown or Killinarden at night. Or ask any taxi driver - nearly all taxi drivers refuse to go through Killinarden.

Not sure how I'm being immature or why I need to grow up. I rent in the area and I am telling it as I see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭otwb

well you mustn't read the newspapers then do you ? Well documented with Dublin buss curtailing and stopping services to said areas on multiple occasions due to rock throwing by kids at night in these areas. So I think you owe the last poster an appology for your somewhat smart alec post.

Er...not sure that buses to citywest were stopped - just into some estates on the way out here. Please don't lump all estates into the same group - things are fine out here. And yes - I do live here and No - am not an undesirable neighbour!

otwb wrote: »
    Er...not sure that buses to citywest were stopped - just into some estates on the way out here. Please don't lump all estates into the same group - things are fine out here. And yes - I do live here and No - am not an undesirable neighbour!

He wasn't talking about Citywest - he was talking about Killinarden I believe.

I agree with you that there is a reason for everything (e.g. if he was brought up differently in a different home he probably wouldn't be in prison now), but the fact of the matter is he is scum and really I think prison is too good for him. If I was some sort of ruler of Ireland I would televise his long and painful torture to send a message out to the hundreds of thousands remaining complete scumbags we have in this country. .

is this lad that you were talking about living near you ? or the hundreds of thousands of complete scumbags in this country ? what area do they come from ?

you have a problem with disadvantaged people ,you are a
    bigoted person who generalises people .

is this lad that you were talking about living near you ? or the hundreds of thousands of complete scumbags in this country ? what area do they come from ?

you have a problem with disadvantaged people ,you are a
    bigoted person who generalises people .

WTF...?!

That quote which you have taken amazingly out of context was about the scumbag who stabbed two Polish men in the head and killed them.

Seriously now, if you're not capable of thinking in a clear manner you probably shouldn't be participating in this discussion.

Well done for being some sort of Jesus person who thinks lads who throw rocks at cars are great.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement