Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New frame help

• 19-05-2010 12:50am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭

After a tumble on saturday i think my frame is kaput! so i'm looking for advice as to what to look for as a suitable replacement, currently on a 58cm pedal force qs2. Also what kind of budget should i be looking at, I'd obviously like to spend as little as possible but at the same time i've no problem paying for quality. With ww200 coming up i could really do with sorting a replacement any advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

You're on a loser there. "Don't mind paying for quality" means "upsell me to a Cervelo".

There are many paths ahead, but the usual stuff about picking cheap, light, pretty applies.

Right now, if my CF frame got totalled and I was on a tightish budget I'd buy this Canyon, and then fit 25mm tyres if the ride needed softening. €369+€38 shipping and it looks like something out of the TdF.

edit: actually I'd probably try and find one in black. And then spend ages fretting over the fact it wasn't made of plastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Lumen wrote: »
    You're on a loser there. "Don't mind paying for quality" means "upsell me to a Cervelo".

There are many paths ahead, but the usual stuff about picking cheap, light, pretty applies.

Right now, if my CF frame got totalled and I was on a tightish budget I'd buy this Canyon, and then fit 25mm tyres if the ride needed softening. €369+€38 shipping and it looks like something out of the TdF.

Fine. But stories are legion about how that company just doesn't like selling. Poor customer service.

ABCDGGS. If you can't get a frame I can lend you a bike, but it is a very small frame. Using it at the minute but it will be sitting in a shed during the ww200.

ROK ON wrote: »
    Fine. But stories are legion about how that company just doesn't like selling. Poor customer service.

A boardsie posted recently that they'd ordered one and had no problems. Can't find the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,458 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

I'd be more tempted by the red one.

There's something a bit marmitey about the seat tube profile on the CF, which needs to be either hidden (black) or unashamedly displayed (monza red or apple green).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,458 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

your right that red one does look nice

Something a bit more shouty from Slane for £700:

argon-18-radon-black-2010.jpg

Stealthy carbon from CRC.

And some well-priced blueness from Kinesis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Murph100

Murph100 wrote: »

Delivery is reasonable, works out at €714.27 with frame and fork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

Thanks all for the above suggestions, but after checking my financial situation the most i can probably spend is about 300, so it looks like whatever i get will be a stop gap until i can get something nicer. Any more suggestions in that region would be much appreciated.

@ROK ON- thanks for the offer, but i don;t think i'd like to be attempting the 200 on something that didn't fit properly.

abcdggs wrote: »
    Thanks all for the above suggestions, but after checking my financial situation the most i can probably spend is about 300, so it looks like whatever i get will be a stop gap until i can get something nicer. Any more suggestions in that region would be much appreciated.

I think you'll struggle for €300. The cheapest CRC have is a frame and fork from Kinesis for €410.

Maybe give Ribble a call. They have some clearance stuff (PDF) including a 58cm 7005 frame for £59.95 with imperfect paint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭abcdggs

Lumen wrote: »
    I think you'll struggle for €300. The cheapest CRC have is a frame and fork from Kinesis for €410.

Maybe give Ribble a call. They have some clearance stuff (PDF) including a 58cm 7005 frame for £59.95 with imperfect paint.
    Any chance you know where there are any reviews of the Dedacciai EM2 or the 7005 audax frame? can't seem to find anything helpful
    edit-never mind should have put ribble into the search

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭it's mick

if you get one of those ribble frames without a fork i have one of these that i never used. it's been taken out of the box for about 2 minutes then put back in.
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=44422
    i'd want about 35 for it i suppose.

Advertisement