Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

my belief

• 19-05-2010 1:27am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭

i believe in a god.........basically i think all religions are the same with diff stories......my religion is similar is that our god was a being or race of alien billions of years ago that ascended to a more powerful/greater existance..........they created our universe through science and technology.........perhaps they even created everything there is or are everything there is..............its loosly based on the ancients in the tv show stargate.................im thinking of naming it denizizizizum after myself but would be open to any opinions on the matter

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Ryan!

...oh god

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭strobe

I'll lose points for asking the obvious question here but.....Where did the aliens come from man? Who created their universe? Turtles all the way down?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭kiffer

Sounds good to me... but what's your selling point?
    I mean you'll face stiff competition from vendors all ready active in the market...

I suggest you research the things that made other religions successful... You could probably carve off a sliver of the market, enough to keep you in booze and virgins for a few years, with out too much hard work.

strobe wrote: »
    I'll lose points for asking the obvious question here but.....Where did the aliens come from man? Who created their universe? Turtles all the way down?

Heresy! The aliens are clearly eternal cyclic meta-entities which have always existed...
    Their universe was created when they traveled back in time and made it themselves. Only they don't travel back in time because time is a circle...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 837 ✭✭✭denballs

strobe wrote: »

im still workin on that one.......sorta a vchicken egg conundrum a ding dong there............you might have somthing with the turtles though

i reckon homosapians just black the intelligence to guess such things..........

but put it this way...if you think of nothing what do you think of .......blackness?...........so theirs still black .........hmm.........but thats somthing isnt it..................theres no such thing as nothing and if we had everything and new everything what would be the point of anything...........we,d never discover anything......nothing ould excite us...........we,d hav no reason to cruise through space..........

without bad theres no good............everything needs an opposaite to exist

• Advertisement

kiffer wrote: »
    Sounds good to me... but what's your selling point?
    I mean you'll face stiff competition from vendors all ready active in the market...

I suggest you research the things that made other religions successful... You could probably carve off a sliver of the market, enough to keep you in booze and virgins for a few years, with out too much hard work.

i wasnt thinking from a business standpoint but damn you make a good argument......virgins you say...........isnt that a cult leader specific bonus............thats 2 much work for me and im not one for the mass suicide parties.........sorta a downer

Heresy! The aliens are clearly eternal cyclic meta-entities which have always existed...
    Their universe was created when they traveled back in time and made it themselves. Only they don't travel back in time because time is a circle...

you seem to know alot about this or at least you can make up some sexy words............how would you like to be pope?

oh also in my religion you can do what you want.......theres no sins and ****..........you r who u r

No that'll never work... Sorry I'm pulling a Paul here and taking over... From now on it's a sin to not give us money and no one can wear the colour orange.

No that'll never work... Sorry I'm pulling a Paul here and taking over... From now on it's a sin to not give us money and no one can wear the colour orange.

i like the orange part but perhaps we should say that gold is holy and we should keep it in our safe.............gold is safer than currency these days

• Advertisement

hmm no gold is unholy and must be taken into our care to be purified... Thus making it holy...
    And we keep a small portion of it as is our due for conducting the ritual...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Hah so you were a troll. I had my suspicions in another thread :-)

The thing about your belief system is that... ALL GLORY TO THE HYPNOTOAD!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

This is still more plausible than the Jesus thing.

... Sod this it's schism time...
    We are now the Golden Orthodox Church of Denizizizizum and you, denballs, are the Hetrodox Church of the Blue Dawn...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭Ryan!

OP, what you been smokin'?

Ryan! wrote: »

Nothing. The head shops all closed down remember? :)

Ryan! wrote: »

The Pagebringer has come! What good news do you bring?
    More rolled up stargate scrpits for us to burn as holy offerings!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Daftendirekt

denballs wrote: »
    oh also in my religion you can do what you want.......theres no sins and ****..........you r who u r

I dunno, without pointless rules and threats of eternal punishment, you haven't really got a religion. I also recommend some sort of meatball eating ritual.

meat balls may only be eatenenjoyed if the moon is waxing... At other times they are an abomination!

Edit: can you eat themif you don't enjoy them?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Okaaaay.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

****..........you r who u r

Can this be your version of amen?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭liamw

You need fear of punishment for not believing. That's the crux of the religious meme. Schoolboy error

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Dades wrote: »
    Okaaaay.

Don't encourage them!

5uspect wrote: »
    Don't encourage them!

Your denial only shows how right we are!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Zillah wrote: »
    This is still more plausible than the Jesus thing.

Actually, it kind of is. :/

Galvasean wrote: »
    Actually, it kind of is. :/

Don't worry give it a hundred years of oral tradition ... it'll get there.

ok here we go ive been working on it .............

the church of pure humanity

our god{s} are at least 10 billion years old and were created when nothingness didnt work as theres no such thing as nothing......they originated as a single spark of electricity but their species can create more energy so werever they go they spread energy which randomly turns into somthing living..........big bang theory is what happens when they release their energy..........

now heres the really interseting bit that explains the basics of all other religions................the soul is our individual piece of this energy and it can only survive within a case such as a human body...........happiness and good strengthens this energy and anger and evil weakens it..............we get roughly 80 years to strengthen our energy to a point at which it can survive outside the human body...........if it is strong enough to survive then we become somthing better and can eventually become the same as the alien gods...........if the soul energy is not strong enough to survive then it sorta short circuits and burns up like a spark.....but isnt destroyed so it just keeps burning

.................................ENERGY NEVER DIES.......................................

Somebody please reassure me that this person is trolling because I refuse to believe that somebody can be this stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭iUseVi

Achilles wrote: »
    Somebody please reassure me that this person is trolling because I refuse to believe that somebody can be this stupid.

I don't think they are serious but then people are serious about water-walking zombies so meh. *shrugs*

• Advertisement

Achilles wrote: »

your rude..........go get some friends and improve your social interCTION capabilities .......

your rude..........go get some friends and improve your social interCTION capabilities .......

At least the bible has a coherent sentence structure. Friends? I have loads of them... won't you be my friend? Ohh pretty please?

PLEASE BE MY FRIEND I LOVE YOU!

ahhh I see the schism is going well...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

i believe in a god.........basically i think all religions are the same with diff stories......my religion is similar is that our god was a being or race of alien billions of years ago that ascended to a more powerful/greater existance
    got as far as here and thought "that sounds like the ancients"
    its loosly based on the ancients in the tv show stargate

And then it was confirmed :D

Sam Vimes wrote: »
    got as far as here and thought "that sounds like the ancients"

And then it was confirmed :D

lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I'd be a lot more interested in religion if it was more like sci-fi, some bloke in tatty robes telling us all to be nice to each other or a race of super intelligent warlords hellbent on blowing up planets? that would make church WAY more interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

A few years ago, I saw someone on a Paganism forum proclaim, in all honesty and full knowledge that they were invented, a belief in J.R.R. Tolkien's Ainur.

Advertisement