Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

thats gotta hurt...!?

• 19-05-2010 5:27am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 793 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

Thinking of getting tattoo number 4! However... i want it on my side near my ribs!

Good or bad idea?! My weight tends to fluctuate by maybe a stone or so so is this a bad area re stretching/shrinking?!

I know its gonna hurt like hell too... just wont think of it !!

Thanks for advice re stretching :)

SM!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Lornen

I've both of my ribs done. I got 1 side done on a Wednesday and the other side on the Thursday. They were nippy enough but it all depends on the size of the work you are getting done/the detail in the work.
    Mine took about 90/110 minutes each side and were mainly straight lines so I had to be as still as a statue.

You should be ok. It will hurt, so just get your head into the right place before getting it done. You already have a few tattoos so you know what to expect, it's just a little more sensitive on the ribs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

My first tattoo was on my ribs. I worked it so much in my mind though that it was actually nothing as bad as i thought it would be. It's bearable :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭eire1

Will wrote: »
    My first tattoo was on my ribs. I worked it so much in my mind though that it was actually nothing as bad as i thought it would be. It's bearable :)

+1 You build it up in your mind, it's not as bad as you think, quite bearable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

i didnt really think about the pain aspect when i decioded to get mine there,i have no fat on my ribs so it hurt like hell,it was bearable but i dont know if id go through it again!but everyones different so i wouldnt listen to anyones experiences on it and just go for it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

any ideas on the stretching people?

im also contemplating a tatt on the ribs but my weight would fluctuate aswell not a huge amount

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

PeakOutput wrote: »
    any ideas on the stretching people?

im also contemplating a tatt on the ribs but my weight would fluctuate aswell not a huge amount

my weight fluctuates by about a stone constantly and its never affected my tattoo,if its not by an extreme amount it should be ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

how is the tattoo ms. Wrap? you never came in for a touch up... :(

Advertisement