Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lost Sheep 2010 - FastestFingersFirst

• 19-05-2010 8:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭

So, who grabbed a spot this morning ?

Strangely no active europe link on the corktri website, but buried of page 4 of the search results when searching with ONLY Country 'Ireland' ...
    Not quite a Dan Brown style search for a link but not that straight forward.

Hopefully the weather will be as good as last year for the race.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41 kruger73

yeah, grabbed a spot. 150 spots in about half an hour i'd say which meant if you were very motivated to get one it wasnt that difficult. at 90 euros, i think its a bit saucy, however it is a great race if the weather can be arranged.

bring it on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭RedB

I'm in.

It was top of the list when I searched by dates between 10-12th Sept plus Ireland criteria. I was previously registered with Active Europe as well which helped with completing the form.

I'll be in the 'first in, last out' category though when it comes to the day so wave as you go by on the run contraflow (if you're not already finished the run by the time I finish the bike) :rolleyes:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭blind_hurler

I'm in as well and Red I'll keep you company down the back :D

According to the Cork Tri site there seems to have been a problem this morning and they closed the registration early..

From the website
    "Lost Sheep Entry Re-Opens Sat May 29th at 8am
    Unfortunately, there was a problem with the Active Europe website this morning and things did not go to plan. We closed registration early because of this. We will have everything tested and rectified for the next registration date (8am on Saturday 29th May 2010) and will increase the entry on that date to 200 places.
    Sincere apologies for any frustration caused."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭KentuckyPete

interested, kruger73, RedB, blind_hurler,
    I got in too. Looking to move up to the longer distance and a little nervous about the two big climbs (and two smaller ones) that are on the bike route. Also would like to hear more about how to tackle HIM in general - have ordered a few books on the topic.

Are any of ye posting to a training forum or log or anything like that? I found the forum before Rotterdam marathon was a huge help. Any point in sharing hints and tips? or do ye know it all already? ;)

a little nervous about the two big climbs (and two smaller ones) that are on the bike route. Also would like to hear more about how to tackle HIM in general

Go longer regularly on the bike and get in plenty of hill work would be my 2c. The rest is just down to increasing the distances involved in the training you've probably been doing anyway. Basic stuff you should know about like proper rest, intervals and tempos over longer distances plus good nuitrition are standard.

• Advertisement

RedB wrote: »
    Go longer regularly on the bike and get in plenty of hill work would be my 2c. The rest is just down to increasing the distances involved in the training you've probably been doing anyway. Basic stuff you should know about like proper rest, intervals and tempos over longer distances plus good nuitrition are standard.

Yeah that's the plan alright - longer at all three disciplines. Hoping to get to Kerry for a weekend or two of hard mountain cycling too.

First swim in the sea this weekend - have only been pool and lake swimming so far this year.

V. difficult to juggle wife and three kids / training/ extensive travel for work etc. Looking at one long spin in each discipline each week and filling in with shorties where possible. I'm certainly seeing both six o'clocks in the day for the next few months - that's for sure.

Happy days :cool:

interested, kruger73, RedB, blind_hurler,
    I got in too. Looking to move up to the longer distance and a little nervous about the two big climbs (and two smaller ones) that are on the bike route. Also would like to hear more about how to tackle HIM in general - have ordered a few books on the topic.

Are any of ye posting to a training forum or log or anything like that? I found the forum before Rotterdam marathon was a huge help. Any point in sharing hints and tips? or do ye know it all already? ;)

KP I'd be very like you with the regard that it's been all shorter distances up to now so looking at stepping up the distance. I think Red is right that the main thing is increasing training distances and doing some brick training but other than that I've no magic insight or training log! I just want to complete the distance that's my goal :D

Oh and I'm just heading for my first sea swim of the year today and have the feeling it's going to be cold especially after the comfort of the warm pool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

I have a reminder set on my phone now for tomorrow morning , dont wana miss this one this year since i gave it pass last year and everyone i knew had a great

Yeah that's the plan alright - longer at all three disciplines. Hoping to get to Kerry for a weekend or two of hard mountain cycling too.

I did the Conor Pass a few times last summer and it definitely helped :). Its the brick session after thats hard.

Enteries still not open on acitivegobale yet ??? anyone else seen this ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 428 ✭✭big mce

Just got in, It was late opening , I make it 8:03!

got my place this time !!!

That was quick looks like all the places where taken in around 20 mins

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭kingQuez

Argh! stupidly had it in my calendar as opening at 8.30 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭kingQuez

Got in thismorning :) .. there's still 20 places left an hour after registration went live again.

kingQuez wrote: »
    Got in thismorning :) .. there's still 20 places left an hour after registration went live again.

Well done - good luck with the training.

I'll be doing Athy Olympic this weekend, then Schull and Cahirciveen sprints over the next two. Then time to really focus on the long stuff. Holidays in July (no training allowed :() and serious spins for 7 weeks after that. Jesus it's not that far away...

kingQuez wrote: »

surprised to see there are still 9 places left at time of typing :)

Advertisement