Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick loan over a years time?

Options
  • 19-05-2010 8:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭

Hi!

And sorry if this has been ground to a pulp at this stage, but i feel that my credit-rating isn't the best of worlds, and i need to get a loan asap.

If it could wait, i would've looked at CU's since my bank already turned me down earlier this year.

I need to loan approx: 2K euro. And i would be able to pay it back over a term of 12/18 months.

Any idea's?`Almost turning towards these phone-loan-dohickeys soon. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭matt70iu

Hi,

TBH, the credit union seems to be your only option I can think of. There is the likes of providential loans but they are really just pay day loans and not suitable for a term of anything like 12 months.

You could try a personal loan from the likes of MBNA, see how you get on with them, they tend to be a bit more easy going than the irish banks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭gogo

dMaN24 wrote: »
    Hi!

And sorry if this has been ground to a pulp at this stage, but i feel that my credit-rating isn't the best of worlds, and i need to get a loan asap.

If it could wait, i would've looked at CU's since my bank already turned me down earlier this year.

I need to loan approx: 2K euro. And i would be able to pay it back over a term of 12/18 months.

Any idea's?`Almost turning towards these phone-loan-dohickeys soon. :(

I know this might be hard to hear, but sometimes the bank does work within your best interests, if they turned down the loan, then its more than likely that you cant afford it. If your credit history is not great as you say why are you getting in to more debt.
    Out of curiosoty what so you need the loan for so urgently? Did the bank give reasons for decline? if its your credit history then you unlikely to get a loan elsewhere other than the credit union, but even there you need to build up your account. Anyway generally the bank will allow to you to re-apply again after six months, so maybe try them again, before you go down other routes.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭matt70iu

gogo wrote: »
    I know this might be hard to hear, but sometimes the bank does work within your best interests, if they turned down the loan, then its more than likely that you cant afford it. If your credit history is not great as you say why are you getting in to more debt.
    Out of curiosoty what so you need the loan for so urgently? Did the bank give reasons for decline? if its your credit history then you unlikely to get a loan elsewhere other than the credit union, but even there you need to build up your account. Anyway generally the bank will allow to you to re-apply again after six months, so maybe try them again, before you go down other routes.

Good advice that....

Advertisement