Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant for Friday

Options
  • 18-05-2010 11:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hey guys and girls, i was wondering if anybody could suggest a pub to eat and drink in this friday evening, i have a party of about 12 with me and i'm looking for some good pub food at a reasonable price, thank you if you reply. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭biddywiddy

Maybe try The Cottage in Salthill. If there's a gang of you they might reserve some tables together for you. The food is nice, tapas style.

http://www.winefoodbeer.com/Cottage-Salthill.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 everlong

Thank you senelra, i will check it out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭HardyEustace

Have heard that food in bar8 is really good.

Thank you HardyEustace :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Deffo go with The Cottage. Have been to Bar no8 twice(the second time cos I had to go) and was very unimpressed on both occasions(and I wasn't the only one in the party to be unimpressed).

The Cottage is nice, relaxed, nice selection of food(for all tastes really) and great for a few drinks and a bite to eat with friends; esp that sized group. Decent enough smoking area also. They changed the menu there recently too; added a few bits and repriced it all(good call Cottage owners btw;)). Their food is very consistent there also; always nice and to a good standard. I don't think the same can be said about Bar no8 frankly.

Have a good night:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Beetlebum

I agree the Cottage is the business. They have a great selection of beers and the staff are all lovely. The food is consistently good (butter chicken and chunky chips with chilli mayo...droool).

I love going there on a lazy Sunday, having a few beers and playing chess.
    It's my favourite bar in Galway.

Thank you Sue Ellen Ewing & Beetlebum :)

Advertisement