Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching from 3 - in limbo between Voda & O2

Options
  • 19-05-2010 9:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭

Howdy,

Im switching from 3 this weekend (wont go into details now) and unfortunately, despite the best value packages, Meteor's 3G network just ain't up to scratch yet.

Anyway, I had pretty much decided on moving to O2 because for €50/mth i could get 350 mins,150 texts, and 3Gb data. But the more i talk to iphone users, the more i get the feeling that they seem to be on Edge more than 3G, and when they are on 3G, that it's kinda slow.

So now i'm thinking that i might go with Vodafone because they're doing serious upgrades to their network and not only do they have better 3G coverage, it's faster too as they're rolling out their HSPA+ network. Thing is, for €45 i'd get the 150 texts, 2GB data, but only 150 minutes....(they're €60 package is too much - dont wanna spend more than €50 really)

So now i dont know what to do:confused:

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,238 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Howdy,

Im switching from 3 this weekend (wont go into details now) and unfortunately, despite the best value packages, Meteor's 3G network just ain't up to scratch yet.

Anyway, I had pretty much decided on moving to O2 because for €50/mth i could get 350 mins,150 texts, and 3Gb data. But the more i talk to iphone users, the more i get the feeling that they seem to be on Edge more than 3G, and when they are on 3G, that it's kinda slow.

So now i'm thinking that i might go with Vodafone because they're doing serious upgrades to their network and not only do they have better 3G coverage, it's faster too as they're rolling out their HSPA+ network. Thing is, for €45 i'd get the 150 texts, 2GB data, but only 150 minutes....(they're €60 package is too much - dont wanna spend more than €50 really)

So now i dont know what to do:confused:

Any thoughts?

Cheers

I dunno what hufty you had with 3 but, there giving the iphone out for 29pm with double minutes and 1GB of data, so for your 29 euro you can get 300 flexi units and 1GB of data which also can be used for tethering, I don't think the voda or o2 option gives you that.

Who ever told you about Vodafone having the bigger 3G network is incorrect, as far as 3G coverage goes, it's 3, o2, Vodafone & Meteor in that order.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

Well i'd be looking at a sim only plan for a start - but 3 has millions of reasons i want away from them:

- rubbish management of the units
    - tricking you with offers that dont last!
    - NO EDGE! It's 3G or nothing - they piggyback on lots of masts in places
    - Intermittent data connection issues with my phone
    - but the No.1 reason i want away from them, and the initial reason i decided to leave, is their customer service. Man i hate those outsourced morons! I ended up just ringing 3's head office in Dublin for queries/help by the end of it..which i doubt they liked!

I think maybe i'll just go O2. Seem to be best value really..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 925 ✭✭✭O2_Sheena

If theres anything you need drop us a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

I dunno what hufty you had with 3 but, there giving the iphone out for 29pm with double minutes and 1GB of data, so for your 29 euro you can get 300 flexi units and 1GB of data which also can be used for tethering, I don't think the voda or o2 option gives you that.

Who ever told you about Vodafone having the bigger 3G network is incorrect, as far as 3G coverage goes, it's 3, o2, Vodafone & Meteor in that order.

Where is this offer and how much is the iPhone

• Registered Users Posts: 28,238 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Where is this offer and how much is the iPhone

There's a thread on it here, http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055876467

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

I would go with O2 if I was you, I think they are the best value for the money :)

Advertisement