Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Breaking News Cycling Story

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭irishpeloton

Definitely in 1987 all four were starters. I can't see Dan Martin starting this year anyway having been entered into the Giro although you never know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Definitely in 1987 all four were starters. I can't see Dan Martin starting this year anyway having been entered into the Giro although you never know.

At this stage we will be lucky to have one rider. Deignan for various reasons has no form at present. Anyone else think he won't make it to the TDF?

Roche just back training so fingers crossed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭bunnygreen

Deignan looked great in yesterdays Stage of TOC,worked hard up the last climb,credit to Cervelo Test team for giving him the time to recover and get back some decent form.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭teufelswerk

bunnygreen wrote: »
    Deignan looked great in yesterdays Stage of TOC,worked hard up the last climb,credit to Cervelo Test team for giving him the time to recover and get back some decent form.

Yeah, Deignan looked very strong yesterday trying to pull in the break for Haussler. Dan Martin also seems to be in good form. Dependant on how Roche recovers from his injury he's in with a strong chance of lining up as well. Although you never know what way team selection will work for any of them, Deignan could find himself pushed out of a 9 man squad IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 628 ✭✭✭emtroche

bunnygreen wrote: »

Sorry to burst the bubble on this one but it wasnt Deignan. Despite what the commentators kept saying. It was Munoz.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭godihatedehills

Slightly surprising but good to see...
    http://breaking.tcm.ie/sport/irish-cycling-braced-for-best-year-in-two-decades-458205.html

I just speed read it, but I don't think that if we had 3 irish starters in a Tour de France this year that it would be the most ever. I'd be pretty sure that in some of 87/88/89 we had Kelly, Roche, Earley and Kimmage.

That's a lovely little article. I never knew what a grupetto was, I just figured it was a load of eye-tallons out for a spin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 455 ✭✭Dave11

emtroche wrote: »
    Sorry to burst the bubble on this one but it wasnt Deignan. Despite what the commentators kept saying. It was Munoz.

I was thinking that myself but no one could hear me shouting!!! They don't usually get it wrong so we'll leave them away with it!!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

I know what a grupetto (aka happy group) is as I'm usually there :D

I don't think Dan Martin is going to make an appearance in the Giro until Saturday (assuming he will make an appearance at some stage).

Hope that we will have more than one at the TdF, it was great seeing Roche in the Irish national champion jersey last year. I also hope he or Deignan wins in Montargis when I'll be there, that would be a real "I was there man" moment :)

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭teufelswerk

Dave11 wrote: »
    I was thinking that myself but no one could hear me shouting!!! They don't usually get it wrong so we'll leave them away with it!!

I was thinking it wasn't Deignan as he's a very stylish cyclist while the other guy had a bit of a knees off the cross bar style. Must've been put off by the mispronounciation of Deignans name. Sagan had to have been the ride of the day, the boys a machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 collym

That makes sense alright, because if it was him he was in the split and would have not crossed the line as follows:

113. Philip Deignan (Cervelo Test Team) at 16 minutes, 24 seconds

• Advertisement
Advertisement