Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Greenfly

• 19-05-2010 10:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Was anyone else commuting into Dublin this morning absolutely covered in greenfly when the arrived in?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

From yesterday....

%*$#@&* greenfly!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭irishpeloton

Jesus there's feckin millions of them. Even looking out my window here in Kevin St. there's a massive swarm of them hovering, ominously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

I cycle along the Dodder and this happens every year. Sometimes a bit earlier in the year. I'm guessing its some kind of massive greenfly mating orgy. Youll see them for about another 2 weeks i'd say and then its back to the annoying midges.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭ipodrocker

join the club got hit by them this morning!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 110 ✭✭CarlosK

Was out for a spin on Monday night myself and got covered in them... swallowed about half a million of them too while going through one area, tasty little gits... i love summer but the midgets/greenfly and the serious amount of webs on the house really grinds my gears!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Mountain_Surfer

On the short hop form Portobello into the library in Trinity I managed to get absolutely covered in them without realising (didnt swallow and thank god). When I arrived in the all took off and have been having the craic in the library ever since!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

I can report they are rather heavy along the banks of the grand canal this am.

BTW when did that blasted iron fence go up before the Kylemore road bridge? Cost me a good 10-15 minute detour into work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,942 ✭✭✭Danbo!

Noticed these for the last week, got particularly bad yesterday. The rain kept them at bay this morning somewhat, but damn, they're really bloody annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭OldPeculier

My sun glasses are taking the brunt of them so I've never been so happy to have them on! Thankfully I haven't swallowed any YET! But with the amount around I'm sure it won't be long. Better than the midges at least, I seem to be their favourite food

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭fenris

Inhaled a load of the little green bastards this morning on the N11, more of a texture than a taste!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Wearing Aviators in the morning, or maybe the trusty old S10 would be best...

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭poochiem

yup - there's more eating than breathing in the air along the canal at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 671 ✭✭✭billy.fish

mmmmmm tasty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

It is very important to keep your glasses on and your mouth closed when going down stocking lane atm.

Advertisement