Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Airbag light = NCT fail

• 19-05-2010 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭

Hey
    I might be in luck with this as it turns out two of the three wires are completely severed from the under seat harnesses on the drivers side.

Theres a yellow male to female connector and the harnesses connector from the floor has the problem.

I've taken the three wires from the connector and it looks like a simple case of finding a couple of these tiny sleeve type fittings crimping them back onto the wires and plunging every thing back together. (Hopefully)

And so my question is does any one know where i can buy these tiny little connectors? i've checked everywhere local and its no better on the web, anyone any ideas?

Also, the harnesses runs back to a small module also under the seat/carpet but its a bitch to get at but if i could buy the harnesses complete and just plug it in either end that would just as good.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭johnplayerblue

betafrog wrote: »
    Make, model, spec, year?
    oh right, sorry. It's a 1.4 16v 2000 mk 4 Golf (The best Golf ever made by VW) :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

To answer your first question, you can get all sorts of electrical connectors and joiners at any motor factors or even Halfords (there, I used the 'H' word :p ).

Just make sure you disconnect the battery and wait at least 15 minutes to allow the restraint system disarm before tinkering with it, I doubt you want to risk the airbags and pre-tensioners firing unneccessarily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,857 ✭✭✭langdang

Something like these?
    http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_11101_catalogId_15551_productId_194573_langId_-1_categoryId_212401

I'm just summarizing the pointers other posters gave me:
    There are dangers associated with this - disconnect battery for awhile, and use an anti static strap.
    Also there may be insurance implications if there is a problem during a collision down the line.

I had to do a similar repair (see here -) worked out fine, no problems yet on the wiring that was repaired. If you read through the other thread, I didn't remove the connectors in the end.
    What I did do was cut out the pi55-poor solder joints in a flexing part of the cables. I used good quality butt crimps, a good quality crimper, and a few layers of heatshrink to relieve any stress on the join.

Advertisement