Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Video Camera to Buy?

• 19-05-2010 10:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,858 ✭✭✭✭

Whats the best video camera to buy, budget is around 400.

Want it to record the kids over the next few years.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Moved from Home Entertainment, hopefully you'll get good pointers here.

Ritz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭artyeva

DISCLAIMER : I know NOTHING about camcorders....!!!!! :p

But a quick google for something like the DP-review feature comparison thing with cameras found me this. It might help, or just confuse you - the reviews seem a bit in depth but at least you'll get their opinion. Once you find a model that looks in the right $ price range you can then search euro websites for the one you want for the best price.

Someone who does know a bit more about these things told me once to go for a HD camera that takes mini DV or HDV [?] as the compression rate is preferable to those that take either mini dvd or hard drive. But he could have been talking out of his lens cap for all I know.

Hopefully you'll get more help on here than I can muster!! ;)

Advertisement