Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New PS3 or Bluray Player?

Options
  • 19-05-2010 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    My old PS3 40Gb seems to have the lens problem that seems common with that model. (Will sell it on, if any one is interested).

My problem now is do I get a new slim PS3 or Bluray player. PS3's all seem to be around the 300 mark and truth be told I RARELY play the PS3, it's a Bluray player more than anything.

Is it possible to get a decent bluray player with wlan for less than the cost of the PS3?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Do you use the PS3 for music and pictures too? If so then stick with it. I know the newer Slim ones even have support for DTS HD Master Audio which the old ones didn't which makes them very compelling.

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Vinny-Chase

Not really. But with talks of the 3D update from Sony I think I'll go with the PS3 slim. Suppose it's better to have it and not need it than find out some exclusive game that I'd love to play is out and not have the option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,656 ✭✭✭C14N

Not really. But with talks of the 3D update from Sony I think I'll go with the PS3 slim. Suppose it's better to have it and not need it than find out some exclusive game that I'd love to play is out and not have the option.

Yeah, the 3D is another thing to consider. Good choice, now that you're familiar with a PS3 you'll also have an easier time with it. And yeah, it would be pretty annoying if a really good exclusive game came along and you didn't have your PS3.

Advertisement