Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor

Options
  • 19-05-2010 11:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

I recently purchased a nokia phone on a meteor connect 20 contract. The phone has email so it constantly checks and downloads emails. As part of signing up I got 250mb free data for the first month.

I knew that their data charges are extortionate so I rang about 10 days before the free data was set to expire. I asked them could they sign me up to the data add on when the free data ran out. I asked them if it was possible for it to be seamless and they said it was.

On the day when it ran out I rang meteor to be sure because I was fearful of getting a large bill. The woman I spoke to said the add on hadn't been activated. She assured me that she would activate it instantly and she said I hadnt been charged for data up until then.

Fast forward a few weeks to this point and on Friday I see there is a €10 charge for just over 2mb's of data that day. I know for sure its that day because I saw the record of the call to customer service. I rang meteor last Friday, told them what happened, told them about my two phone calls and the woman basically said tough luck. I argued with her for a while and she said she would get her supervisor to listen to those initial calls again and I will be contacted within 48 hours.

No word so I rang again on Sunday, same indifference to my issue and as of today they still have not rang me back. Am I to assume that I'm just going to have to pay the €10?? I'm guessing they have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to refunding data charges. I know its only €10 but Im really peeved at the moment.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

No word so I rang again on Sunday, same indifference to my issue and as of today they still have not rang me back. Am I to assume that I'm just going to have to pay the €10?? I'm guessing they have a zero tolerance policy when it comes to refunding data charges. I know its only €10 but Im really peeved at the moment.

Request a copy of the calls for yourself. This may get them to move on it. You could also hold payment until they sort this out. I've found that withholding payment is a sure fire way of getting them to call you back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

A learned a long time ago to always get a name, note it, and time - note it.

Then you can ring up ask for "xyz", remind them of your conversation and ask whey they didnt do it and why you have a bill. Stops them in their tracks.

Write down everything you can remember about who, when and why, then ring up the supervisor and quote the info. That puts the ball in their court.

Suggest they give you a credit off your next bill to the value. Refunds can be hard to get but credit off the next bill is normally easier.

When my charger packed up, Vodafone store refused to replace it, but vodafone help desk told me to go out and buy one and they gave me a credit off my next bill to cover it.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭krpc

I recently purchased a nokia phone on a meteor connect 20 contract. The phone has email so it constantly checks and downloads emails. As part of signing up I got 250mb free data for the first month.

I knew that their data charges are extortionate so I rang about 10 days before the free data was set to expire. I asked them could they sign me up to the data add on when the free data ran out. I asked them if it was possible for it to be seamless and they said it was.

On the day when it ran out I rang meteor to be sure because I was fearful of getting a large bill. The woman I spoke to said the add on hadn't been activated. She assured me that she would activate it instantly and she said I hadnt been charged for data up until then.

Fast forward a few weeks to this point and on Friday I see there is a €10 charge for just over 2mb's of data that day. I know for sure its that day because I saw the record of the call to customer service. I rang meteor last Friday, told them what happened, told them about my two phone calls and the woman basically said tough luck. I argued with her for a while and she said she would get her supervisor to listen to those initial calls again and I will be contacted within 48 hours.

I was under the impression that when a customer calls a customer service helpdesk and provides his or her account details, the representative is suppose to, as per the Data Protection Act, record the purpose of the call, the reason for accessing the account on the system etc.,.

So, if that is the case, there should be records of your calls to them and the purpose of those calls. You can easily call up and ask.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 fabmorretti

I rang again today, told the customer service agent that I still had not received a call back from the two times that I rang complaining about the data charge. She asked what exactly happened originally, and said "I can see the two requests for the add on before and on that date, so I'll issue you with a refund now".

Just like that. No need for for an investigation and call back within 48 hours. Wow. I guess its the luck of the draw when you ring meteor customer care. That would be about the 3rd time I've dealt with them and had customer service contradict itself.

Unbelievable

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭slowmoe

i think meteors customer service isn't run by meteor itself. i think its one of those big call centres run by a seperate comapny. maybe thats why its so bad, customer service is never that good when its not run by their own company

glad you got sorted

• Advertisement
Advertisement