Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where Can I get Good Value Hardbacks?

Options
  • 19-05-2010 11:32am

Hi all,
    I've been building up a hardback collection of my favourite books. I mean good quality, material-bound hardbacks with embossing, etc. Needless to say it's been putting a bit of strain on the wallet.
    Are there any shops you would recommend that sell second hand hardbacks in perfect nick?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

What sort of a budget do you have per book?

The Everyman's Library Imprint do a nice collection of hardbacks, you can buy them new for about €10 a pop.

I got their collection of Ernest Hemingway short stores, and I was quite impressed. I'd buy more, but I just I don't like hardbacks myself.

My budget really depends on the book. But for the ones I'm thinking of anything under €30 would be great. Considering they're neither not that big nor that old

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Eliot Rosewater

What sort of titles are you looking for? Are you trying to get unique editions?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Paddy Samurai

If you want to try online i found abe books to be good.They sell all types of hardbacks (new,secondhand,special editions,signed editions )etc,etc.

http://www.abebooks.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

I don't think anywhere sells exclusively second hand books in perfect nick. It's always a bit of a scavengers market. Sometimes you come away with an absolute gem, sometimes you end up tossing your finds back into the river. :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement