Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant & Bar recommendations

Options
  • 19-05-2010 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,681 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Heading down to Cork on Saturday and looking for somewhere decent for a meal out - doesn't have to be cordon bleu and/or super-expensive. Have eaten in Scuzzi's a few times before and looking for somewhere along the same lines.

Also, if any could recommend a non-superpub style bar with good music (like the Blue Note in Galway or Mickey Martins in Limerick) that would be great

Cheers cm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I ate recently In Bullys on Paiul Street and it was nice. Pizzza, pasta, steak kind of place.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

Luigi Malones would be along the lines of Scoozi but with less of an Italian bent. They're on Emmet place. Luigis is a pretty big restaurant. It's right across from the Opera House too so it can bustle when a show finishes.

If you don't mind something a little more intimate I'd like to recommend Ristorante Casanova, on North Main St. I love this place, so many great dishes. The food is fancy but isn't accompanied by pretentiousness. It's a family-run place, and feels it.

They have two sections, I've only ever been downstairs which isn't very big so might be a little too intimate if you're in a big group. They'll probably just seat you upstairs if there's a good few of you, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭drunkymonkey

I always go to SoHo on Grand Parade. I love the place! Extremely tasty food! Staff are lovely in there, nice atmosphere, prices are ok-ish, and lively bar downstairs if you want to go there afterwards!
    Be sure to try the Buffalo wings or the goats cheese tart! ;)

If you want to travel a bit outside the city to Douglas there's a good few good restaurants. Like, East Village, Eco's and El Vino (Tapas bar thats also in the city) ! These three are all in the same location with a minute walk between eachother!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

You can't go wrong with the Cornstore on the Coal Quay, haven't had a bad meal there yet, check out www.menupages.ie for menu's and reviews of this and all the restaurants above.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,681 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Thanks for all the replies - starting to get an appetite already :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kart

You can't go wrong with the Cornstore on the Coal Quay, haven't had a bad meal there yet, check out www.menupages.ie for menu's and reviews of this and all the restaurants above.

^
    That would be great choice, i have tried many of their meals too and they are just extraordinarily good. Plus staff is pretty great.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,681 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Any decent bar/club recommendations...somewhere like Nancy Blakes in limerick or Blue note in Galway...Thanks everyone:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,389 ✭✭✭FTGFOP

What kinds of music do you get in those places? Hmm... Blue Note... Is it Jazz? Niice. :cool:

Advertisement