Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing a oil condenser boiler

Options
  • 19-05-2010 11:55am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭

I am looking for some advice. My old boiler gave up and I purchased a new oil condenser boiler. I contacted a plumber and he told me I needed a stainless steel flue coming out of the boiler and it would have to go the whole way to the roof costing 1k, this flue is needed to conduct away the carbon monoxide from the boiler. Another suggestion he mentioned was to place the boiler outside the shed dig a track from the shed to the house and place a plactic flue on the boiler alongside the shed. This sound a bit far fetched for me and I have no experience in plumbing at all. I spoken to two other plumbers and they have never mentioned anything of the sort.
    any ideas on what to do thanks a million.

Advertisement