Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question about UPC package

• 19-05-2010 12:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭

hey all..

OK i am ordering up a TV and BB package for a house i am moving into next week..

im going for 5mb BB and it has the option of ordering a wireless router for a once off payment of 49 quid.. now i already have a standalone wireless router which i am quite happy with as it has all my port forwarding etc setup on it.. if i dont tick this box for the wireless router will they send me out a standard wired cable modem/router for free which i can then just feed into my router via Ethernet, or will i get NO modem/router at all?

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

You will get a modem which you can plug into your router.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

As long as it's just a router, and not a DSL modem & router, it will work fine. The modem that UPC give is not "free" per say, it remains their property at all times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Thats cool, thanks lads, yea its just a router, i have had it hooked up to a wired NTL cable modem before and it works fine, i just wanted to know if they still did normal modems or did i HAVE to go with their wireless one.. thanks for clearing that up for me ;-)

Advertisement