Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Giro Stage 11

• 19-05-2010 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Todays Giro Stage shaping up to be an intersting one already. Keep an eye to it if ye want some work cycling balance.

There will be a few sweating with the current situation

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

That is very interesting.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

All of this happening before TV coverage starts too.
    Sky and Cervelo both have four riders in the break. Caisse have five. Apparently Saxo have a few as well but no names yet. Means that Wiggins, Sastre, Arroyo and Porte have plenty of help. I'd hate to be a domestique with Astana, Liquigas or BMC today.

Dan Martin is in the break too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭n-dawg

What were Astana, BMC and Liquigas thinking this morning??? If Sky, Saxo and Cervelo work together they're going to gain serous time... I just wish they'd update the online tickers more often

n-dawg wrote: »
    What were Astana, BMC and Liquigas thinking this morning??? If Sky, Saxo and Cervelo work together they're going to gain serous time... I just wish they'd update the online tickers more often
    It's a weird one alright. It is a very long stage though, 262km, so they may have figured that they had plenty of time to bring them back. Advantage up to 17:50 now though and the up and down profile of the stage makes it perfect for a break sticking.

Trivia:

Even more than the day before, this stage will suit breakaways, and might even shake up the overall, although probably not as much as it did in 1914 when race leader Giuseppe Azzini never reached the finish in L'Aquila and was found the next day, racked with fever, taking shelter at a country house near Popoli, 50km away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭thebouldwhacker

What channel/site/radio station/cup of tea leafs are people watching it on. Just caught the last km of yesterdays stage on Euro sport, in my disbelief I thought it was today's so I was watching it thinking he's do the exact same thing two days in a row...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭sunshinyday

i use justintv do a google search and then follow it on giro ditalia

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭jautukas87

What channel/site/radio station/cup of tea leafs are people watching it on. Just caught the last km of yesterdays stage on Euro sport, in my disbelief I thought it was today's so I was watching it thinking he's do the exact same thing two days in a row...

http://videochat.gazzetta.it/index_giro.shtml

Im just reading the cyclingnews ticker... cyclingfans.com also show all the locations where it is being streamed live.
    Very interesting stage today... Astana have started to **** themselves there pulling there 3 riders who were in the break back to the main pack to help out. Its great it'll be themselves and Liquigas driving the pack, versus Sky, Saxo and cervelo driving the break! My prediction is Goss for the stage win

Looking at the live updates on cyclingnews.com. Will stop once the TV coverage starts since I'm taping it.

If I were Wiggins, Sastre or Porte, I'd be telling everyone that my team won't contest the stage win if the break stays away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭jdt101

stupid tennis on Eurosport....

Poor Cadel.... On days like today he really suffers with not having a team

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Brilliant. I have not been this excited ever reading live commentary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

Im glad someone started a stage specific thread [so no need for spoiler tags!], as I was going to if the race justified it, looks like today was one of those days all the GC favourites missing the break of 50+ riders :eek:

sounds like something which would happen 80 years ago maybe but now unheard of what happened?
    amazing stupidity to allow 56 riders to get away! wtf were they thinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭blobbie

jdt101 wrote: »
    stupid tennis on Eurosport....

Yeah, FFS on both channels. Gone now :-)

Good day to be WFH :D

Good to see a Grand Tour in Irish weather

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,142 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

English commentary now on here.

A 5 second delay, not bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭godihatedehills

Lumen wrote: »
    English commentary now on here.

.....and there's some nice Lance wallpaper in case anyone's missing him :)

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭montac

damn - too late to hit the remote record button for Sky+... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭godihatedehills

montac wrote: »
    damn - too late to hit the remote record button for Sky+... :(

Highlights later?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭montac

Highlights later?

you'd think so normally, but, I think it's all about the tennis later. i took a quick look at the schedule, and I think they're only showing the highlights tomorrow... sigh. Here's hoping for rain leter in the Tour of California - they might show the highlights then!

EDIT - Ah, highlights on Eurosport 2 @ 20.30.. Phew!

montac wrote: »
    you'd think so normally, but, I think it's all about the tennis later. i took a quick look at the schedule, and I think they're only showing the highlights tomorrow... sigh. Here's hoping for rain leter in the Tour of California - they might show the highlights then!

On EuroSport 2 @ 8.30 for 1 hour followed by 30 mins of ToC highlights and then ToC live.

Not sure if Sky carry ES2 but is on NTL 425

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

from wiggans twitter

Crashing in the first week 10 minutes..
    seeing the look on the main gc guys in the group behind 13 minutes down?

priceless..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,458 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

just got my eurosport player account sorted :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

me@ucd wrote: »
    from wiggans twitter

Sorry, is he tweeting while racing? If so, class.

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭niceonetom

What a stage.
    Was Vino crying? He's making it awful hard for me to stay angry at him. What a bastard. Typical.

Bring on the mountains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 112 ✭✭ColSheehan

121880http://www.cyclingnews.com/races/93rd-giro-ditalia-gt/stage-11/photos/121880
    Richie Porte laughed he would take the pink jersey. Vino didn't believe it was possible :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

anybody post a you tube link to todays/yest stage. Was getting on world cycling channel2 but all remnants of the Giro seem to have gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 241 ✭✭lyders

bcmf wrote: »
    anybody post a you tube link to todays/yest stage. Was getting on world cycling channel2 but all remnants of the Giro seem to have gone.

Check out cyclingfans.com. They are good for links to videos.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Its amazing. As I watch more and more cycling I am amazed by the excitement and drama. Is it just me or does anyone else think that this is a particularly dramatic season thus far?

Fo most people (me included) the TDF is cyclibg , but hell the more one watches you realise that it is only the tip ofthe iceberg?

From today to the dramatics of LBL, FW, Het Volk etc.
    Then we had DZ last night. Two really great Giro stages thus far. I am coming to the conclusion that it is actually very difficult to get this type of drama in the TDF.

I know this post is all over theplace but I'm so excited I could explode.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭drogdub

ROK ON wrote: »
    Its amazing. As I watch more and more cycling I am amazed by the excitement and drama. Is it just me or does anyone else think that this is a particularly dramatic season thus far?

Fo most people (me included) the TDF is cyclibg , but hell the more one watches you realise that it is only the tip ofthe iceberg?

From today to the dramatics of LBL, FW, Het Volk etc.
    Then we had DZ last night. Two really great Giro stages thus far. I am coming to the conclusion that it is actually very difficult to get this type of drama in the TDF.

Its been a great race so far and still the final week left, which has the makings of being brilliant. Might have to sort out a weeks sick cert

Been watching the sport for about two years and have heard that alot of people think as a race the Giro is better than the Tour starting to see where they are coming from.

True about Cadel. Surely he would have won a Grand Tour by now if had ever had a good team around him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

bcmf wrote: »

Probably up on cyclingtorrents later I'd say too ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 739 ✭✭✭papac

I'm so excited I could explode.

+1. You couldn't make this Giro up. WTF.

and I have a few bob on Sastre.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

ROK ON wrote: »

+2. Mental day.
    Imagine Vino/Evans et al - "Well all the big favourties are here so I'm grand ....What do you mean Sastre is 14 mins up the road with 53 other riders?!!

Would never see that in (modern) Le Tour.

Advertisement