Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a turntable..

Options
  • 19-05-2010 12:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭

hello beautiful folk of the cork forum. I want to buy a turntable, just to connect to my hifi at home. the only ones in argos are the usb ones.

Anyone have any idea where I'd get my hands on one? something half decent but not too expensive, if that's possible..

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

soundtraxx's,Go over patricks bridge,turn left,keep walking till you come to a hill and its up there,have'nt been in there in yrs so dont actually know how expensive they are or if there even still open :o.

Thens theres another place on macurtain street near the multiplex place,cant remember the name of it now but Im pretty sure they sell turntables,you could also try cash converters (or whatever its called now)might get something 2nd hand in there,thats also on macurtain street.

Hope that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭star.chaser

Roar wrote: »
    hello beautiful folk of the cork forum. I want to buy a turntable, just to connect to my hifi at home. the only ones in argos are the usb ones.

Anyone have any idea where I'd get my hands on one? something half decent but not too expensive, if that's possible..

why not buy an adapter to allow you plug the hi fi to the usb port?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

soundtraxx's,Go over patricks bridge,turn left,keep walking till you come to a hill and its up there,have'nt been in there in yrs so dont actually know how expensive they are or if there even still open :o.

Thens theres another place on macurtain street near the multiplex place,cant remember the name of it now but Im pretty sure they sell turntables,you could also try cash converters (or whatever its called now)might get something 2nd hand in there,thats also on macurtain street.

Hope that helps.

thanks, think i'll hit the bricks on my day off and have a nose about the place
    why not buy an adapter to allow you plug the hi fi to the usb port?

is phono to usb even possible?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 740 ✭✭✭star.chaser

Roar wrote: »
    thanks, think i'll hit the bricks on my day off and have a nose about the place

is phono to usb even possible?

have a look in maplin. they have adapter cables for everything. got myself an adapter for phono to pc sound card. see if you can figure out what i was trying to do? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I bought one in Munster Sounds - that's the crowd across from the Leisureplex. I think it was only about 80 euro, works perfectly!

oh, and I also have a widgit that allows me to connect it to USB ports, but I don't use that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

cheers! bought some vinyl on cd wow recently, they've some good stuff, pretty cheap too, i bought electric ladyland for 14 quid and the jackie brown soundtrack for 8, among others..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,386 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

deRanged wrote: »
    I bought one in Munster Sounds

Thats it :D,Thank you!

Advertisement