Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mourinho Madrid Madness

• 19-05-2010 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭

So folks with mourinho going to madrid the worst kept secret in football... there will be some carnage in spanish football next year.... Mourinho is unlikely to listen to the madrid hierarchy and he is defiantely his own man... also with barca spending big money this summer... Villa and fabergas... Madrid will have to produce the chequebook again.... My money is on him recruiting some of his old chelsea buddies...drogba lampard.. etc..

its going to be a merry go round summer....!!:D

Jose will have them rattled at camp nou...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Is there confirmation he has signed?

Hes pretty much blowing smoke to anyone who will listen and offer him an enticing job.

Real madrid dont deserve high profile managers. Although its obvious that he sees tackling the off pitch ranks as much of an enticement as leading them to victory on the pitch, I just think its one of those jobs that will make you a legend or put your career down the drain.

I'd classify the Real madrid job in the same category as liverpool and newcastle.

Huge expectations, never to be reached by the simple off field problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Classico should be fun. Shame for Pellegrini though, fantastic coach.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭KerranJast

One of the guys on Football Weekly said it'll cost Real around €50million to sack Pellegrini, compensate Inter and bring in Mourinho&staff, and thats just at the salary Inter are currently paying him.

He'd be mad to go to Real unless he has cast iron guarantees of no interference from the Board in team management and buying players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Ashley Cole is practically guaranteed to be moving to Real in the summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 881 ✭✭✭censuspro

Has this been confirmed? Does anyone have a link?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Warper wrote: »

Claptrap I tells you , claptrap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

Madness getting rid of Pelligrini if true but hardly surprising given their form

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I said a few months back that he will probably move to Spain, however thats when I was confident united would take the title.

He may be inclined to stay now with the league title under his belt, but I still think the lad needs a fresh start and some new surroundings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Can't see it working out well. Mourinho and the Real Madrid Board simply can not get along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Is it just me or is there a sh!tload of hearsay in this thread being stated as fact? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,414 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

If Mourinho does go to Real ,the white hankies will be out before the season is over.
    He is primarily a defensive coach similar to Capello and that type of football didnt go down well there.
    Capello got the sack despite winning the league as the style of football he played wasnt deemed attractive enough.
    Its an almost impossible task to coach Real Madrid.
    You must win trophies but you must also play with style and also finish ahead of the best team in the world.
    Perhaps Real are so desperate to win a trophy that any type of winning football will do them and they know that Mourinho will probably deliver plus he is also Barcas bogeyman.
    Will be a fascinating league if he does go to Real.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭slingerz

I'd expect if Madrid does get Mourinho as coach he'll look to bring in the likes of Gerrard & Mascherano from Liverpool as the likes of Lampard would be too expensive given Chelsea's financial muscle.

Players like Vidic/Agger/Ashley Cole could also be heading to the Bernabeau.

You may even see a mega money bid for Torres espeecially given Barca's latest recruitment and Madrid's hunger for one upmanship

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,267 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Any kind of confirmation on this? Or the Fabregas story?

Mourinho may be his own man but, remember, Abramovich still signed Sheva behind his back and he didn't resign straight away (it was another 16 months or so before he left). There's also doubts over how much Mourinho had to do with the signing of Jiri Jarosik in 2005 (two and a half years before he walked). Obviously, his squad can be interfered with.

Real could easily do it to him again and I doubt he'd walk.

I sincerely doubt Real would let him sign Lampard or Drogba. Imo, it'd be a mistake to. Both are 32 and are at their peaks but they're not long-term investments.

It's a shame for Pellegrini. 96 points would have won most European leagues this year. I think he got more points then Barca did last season and he certainly instilled a lot more consistency and a better team spirit in the side but still his job is under threat.

It's madness. Real are just like Chelsea, neither can settle for long-term stability, they must have instant success. Look at Arsenal, or even Liverpool. Both managers have been given time to rebuild their squads.

Not sure if Real would move for Torres since he played for Atletico. I know that they wouldn't sign him before he went to Liverpool because they didn't want to give Atletico money but things may have changed now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,267 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Degag wrote: »
    Not sure if Real would move for Torres since he played for Atletico. I know that they wouldn't sign him before he went to Liverpool because they didn't want to give Atletico money but things may have changed now.
    They bought Hugo Sanchez from Atleti in the 80's and also signed Luis Figo from Barca in the 90's. Where he's played wouldn't be a problem for them.

Hopefully, Torres wouldn't sign for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

It'd be a perfect move for him. He wouldn't last more than 3 seasons, no manager does. And then he moves on to take over from Fergie :)

They bought Hugo Sanchez from Atleti in the 80's and also signed Luis Figo from Barca in the 90's. Where he's played wouldn't be a problem for them.

Hopefully, Torres wouldn't sign for them.

Yeah, but that's the reason why they never moved for Torres while at Atletico apparently. Also have to wonder would the Real fans accept him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Yeah, but that's the reason why they never moved for Torres while at Atletico apparently. Also have to wonder would the Real fans accept him?

Torres would never go to Real more like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

i dont see why Mourinho wouldnt go to Madrid. most likely his plan is go there, win la liga, leave - simples :D

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭cremeegg

i dont see why Mourinho wouldnt go to Madrid. most likely his plan is go there, win la liga, leave - simples :D

have to agree with bastardprince.... hes just ticking boxes before he lands back in england

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

As someone stated earlier Mourinho would be pushed out after his first season due to his ultra-defensive style of football he loves. He could win everything and still everyone at Madrid, including the fans would want him out and rightly so.

Mourinho is great entertainment but God his teams play boring football.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭daniel91

Do not understand why everyone is giving Real such a hard time. They finished just 3 points behind Barcelona( best club team in the world imo) in the league, granted they flopped in the CL but is basically a whole team at real. You have to give them more than 1 season to prove their worth, giving the team time to gel etc..
    Barca has had a solid core of quality players for the last few seasons with xavi, iniesta, messi, puyol etc resultung in sucess, give the madrid team time and I believe they produce the silverware expected of them. There was 2 seasons where real beat barca to the league whilst barca had xavi, iniesta, messi and puyol.
    Honestly i think they should give Pellegrini another season, but also think Mourinho has the ability the make them the best in europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

2 pages,23 postx(24 now) and not a single source for anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,082 ✭✭✭✭Spiritoftheseventies

Soby wrote: »
    2 pages,23 postx(24 now) and not a single source for anything
    There you go sweetcheeks :rolleyes:

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/88/spain/2010/05/19/1932106/jose-mourinho-i-definitely-want-to-be-real-madrid-coach-one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Advertisement