Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B1 Filing Documents - Please Help - only 3 days left

Options
  • 19-05-2010 12:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I registered a company at the end of 2008. The first annual return was submitted without any of the documents, but this year we need to file 3 documents, even though we have not traded. I filed B1 form online and now I have to send the signature page with the following:

• Balance sheet S128 Companies Act 1963 [CA 63]; S7 and S18 Companies (Amendment) Act 1986 [CAA 86]
    • Notes to the Accounts Schedule of CAA 86
    • Directors Report S.128 CA 63; S.7 and S.18 CAA 86
    I have engineering background but have no idea about balance sheets and the documents above. I tried searching for document templates which I can just fill in (if they are obvious enough) and send to CRO. The last resort is to spend money and get it done through a company formation agent. It is a startup company with no earning yet, therefore I am trying to save €150-€200

Any advice would be helpful. Shall we go ahead and spend the money or is there an easier way ? The deadline is on Monday.

Many Thanks,

Mark

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭kenbrady

MarkDun wrote: »
    I registered a company at the end of 2008. The first annual return was submitted without any of the documents, but this year we need to file 3 documents, even though we have not traded. I filed B1 form online and now I have to send the signature page with the following:

• Balance sheet S128 Companies Act 1963 [CA 63]; S7 and S18 Companies (Amendment) Act 1986 [CAA 86]
    • Notes to the Accounts Schedule of CAA 86
    • Directors Report S.128 CA 63; S.7 and S.18 CAA 86
    I have engineering background but have no idea about balance sheets and the documents above. I tried searching for document templates which I can just fill in (if they are obvious enough) and send to CRO. The last resort is to spend money and get it done through a company formation agent. It is a startup company with no earning yet, therefore I am trying to save €150-€200

Any advice would be helpful. Shall we go ahead and spend the money or is there an easier way ? The deadline is on Monday.

Many Thanks,

Mark
    A balance sheet is unique to your company so you can't really copy someone else's.
    Notes to the accounts are only a few lines, boiler plate, examples on cro.
    A directors report is not required to be filed.

Did you claim audit exemption, doesn't look like you did based on above post. If you didn't you will have to factor in a least €1k to get an audit. If you can even get one done in such a short space of time.

Why did you leave it so late ? Just pay the money because you seem very lost. Check Audit Exemption Urgent.

The CRO do have sample template documents for companies to file annual returns.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 MarkDun

We did claim audit exemption.

We didn't trade and don't have any earning therfore was wondering if I could find some template with blank accounts (same for every company I suppose).

Sorry for my ignorance, but I was very busy building the product and completely forgot about administrative issues. It's a one man show at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭thecleverone

CRO have an audit exemption booklet here:

http://www.cro.ie/GetAttachment.aspx?id=b390943f-02e1-4c9b-ba4b-cba68afd436e

A sample set of accounts starts on page 13 of the booklet. You could copy those?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭thecleverone

Forgot to mention, that if the annual return and accounts are not filed on time (Annual Return Date + 28 days), then you cannot claim the audit exemption and will have to get accounts audited regardless of whether the company has traded or not. As well as having to pay late filing fee. So be sure not to put it on the long finger!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 404 ✭✭kenbrady

CRO have an audit exemption booklet here:

http://www.cro.ie/GetAttachment.aspx?id=b390943f-02e1-4c9b-ba4b-cba68afd436e

A sample set of accounts starts on page 13 of the booklet. You could copy those?
    Download that document

Pages 11 to 14 are what you need to file

11 - Opening page about company and details
    12 - The directors statement
    13&14 - The balance sheet, you can fill in 0 for most, just add share capital details
    14 - Statement claiming audit exemption, this is vital and you didn't list it above

Notes to the accounts here are mine, just copy them, change to your details should be fine. I'd still pay the 150-200 quid if I was you, just to make sure and for peace of mind.
    Or you can stick your document up here and I'll have a look.

2009 €
    2008 €
    Share capital and debentures
    Authorised:
    X Ordinary Shares of €1.00 each
    X
    X

Issued and Fully Paid:
    X
    X

Provision for taxation
    None

Details of indebtedness
    Investors
    X
    X
    Directors Loans
    X
    X

General
    None

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 MarkDun

Thanks everyone for great response.. It was very helpful.. :)
    kenbrady wrote: »
    Download that document

Pages 11 to 14 are what you need to file

11 - Opening page about company and details
    12 - The directors statement
    13&14 - The balance sheet, you can fill in 0 for most, just add share capital details
    14 - Statement claiming audit exemption, this is vital and you didn't list it above

Notes to the accounts here are mine, just copy them, change to your details should be fine. I'd still pay the 150-200 quid if I was you, just to make sure and for peace of mind.
    Or you can stick your document up here and I'll have a look.

2009 €
    2008 €
    Share capital and debentures
    Authorised:
    X
    X

Issued and Fully Paid:
    X
    X

Provision for taxation
    None

Details of indebtedness
    Investors
    X
    X
    Directors Loans
    X
    X

General
    None

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4 coconnor

Hi Mark,

I'm in a similar situation (but with 4 weeks before my NARD). Just wondering if you submitted the returns yourself? Did it work out? Any tips?

Cheers,
    Colette

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭capefear

coconnor wrote: »
    Hi Mark,

I'm in a similar situation (but with 4 weeks before my NARD). Just wondering if you submitted the returns yourself? Did it work out? Any tips?

Cheers,
    Colette

Colette
    Is it your first b1 without accounts or the second b1 with accounts.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

This thread is 3 years old, if you are looking for help or advice you would be better off starting a new one Colette.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 coconnor

Thanks capefear, it's the 2nd, with accounts, no trading/activity has happened so hoping I can figure out what to do myself..

• Advertisement
Advertisement