Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iomega Screenplay Director Multimedia Hard Drive - €169

• 19-05-2010 12:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

iomega_screenplay_director.jpg

Bought one of these last night for €169 (inluding P&P) from the Peats website. This was the cheapest price I could find for it by roughly €30. It seems to handle all major file types (including MKV) so shouldn't be any compatability issues hopefully. I have the WD Live Media Player but this works out cheaper than buying a 1TB Harddrive and another media player.

http://www.peats.com/cgi-bin/catalog.cgi?view_product=1&id=26415

The Director is currently the pinnacle of multimedia hard drives. This excellent drive frees you from the shackles of your computer. Watch High Definition movies, list to your music, browse your digital photos all on the comfort of your big screen television in the living room and away from the cramped space of your computer.
    Unlike most other multimedia drives the Director can also directly connect to your home network. You can share the content with anyone else on the network and browse their files too. Just plug it into your router or network switch and away you go. With the optional adapter you can even browse networks wirelessly.
    If you tire of all your own content the Director has built-in access to online media such as YouTube, Flickr, internet radio and much more. Browse YouTube and enjoy the thousands of entertaining files on offer, many of which are in a High Definition format. Maybe you're a photography lover and want to enjoy Flickr. Just access it directly with your remote control. The best facility though has to be internet radio. With this you have access to over 15,000 stations from around the world. No matter what kind of music you like you're sure to find something that suits you.
    Features
    • Watch true High Definition files on your big screen at 1080p and 24fps
    • Works like a NAS drive. Access files across a network and share your content
    • Access to online media such as YouTube, Flickr and internet radio
    • Optional wireless adapter lets you browse wirelessly
    • Plays the most popular formats such as H.264, WMV, MKV, vob, MP3, OGG and many more
    • Includes Iomega protection suite to keep your computer safe from viruses
    • Three USB2.0 ports allow you to connect equipment such as hard drives, digital cameras and more
    • HDMI, component, scart, composite, optical and analogue audio outputs

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 508 ✭✭✭craftypaddy

this is a good find, but whats the difference with the screenplay one and the directors version, i got the screen play its brilliant, surprised how quickly i filled it though... screenplay is 149 and director 189 in aussie store harvey norman, so your find is way cheaper..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭Trevord

Clunky product which should be avoided.

Bad user interface. Limited file compatibility. Painfully slow wireless transfer. USB cable too short. Cheap plasticy case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭paddydriver

WDTV all the way - it's a fantastically simple piece of kit and plays everything thrown a it.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Wayne Scales

WDTV all the way - it's a fantastically simple piece of kit and plays everything thrown a it.
    +1 buy the WD and a 1 TB external drive ....

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭he man rugger

Trevord wrote: »
    Clunky product which should be avoided.

Bad user interface. Limited file compatibility. Painfully slow wireless transfer. USB cable too short. Cheap plasticy case.

What files does it have trouble handling? Kinda making me wish I hadn't ordered one now as that would be my main issue. The below table goes through the files it supports and it seems to be compatable with all the major ones such as as avi, mkv etc.

https://iomega-eu-en.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/iomega_eu_en.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=22152

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,027 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Another media player worth checking out is the xtreamer. Gets good reviews everywhere, planning on getting one myself soon.

Advertisement