Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP - I need Ideas for Stag-Party in Ireland

Options
  • 19-05-2010 12:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭

Hi folks,
    I really need help.

Due to the impending threat of air travel cancellations courtesy of our volcanic friend Eyjafjallajokulcuntface, I have to organise a stag party on our emerald isle.
    I was all set organising a stag in blackpool but had to cancel just in case the ash plume visits our airspace again, because the last thing i wanted was 15 or so pissed up/pissed off lads stranded in the airport, all dressed up and no-where to go! plus the hassle of reclaiming flight costs and losing the money for hotels.So i canceled flights etc.

Unfortunately, now i don't know where to start. Can anyone suggest activities, accomodation and locations but without breaking the bank, was hoping to keep costs around €150 each. But i have to keep leinster, particularly the north-east out of the equation, some lads don't want to **** on their doorsteps if you know what i mean.

It'll be for 2 nights, Friday and saturday, in June.

Are there any locations that welcome stag parties because i know, as it stands, how difficult it can be for a group of 5 or 6 lads on a normal saturday night to get into their local bar/nightclubs never mind a group of passing strangers.

Also i'm looking for some activities to do during the days, to keep us entertained, a bit of craic and to pace out some of the drinking so lads can make it past 9pm;) each night

Accomodation isn't too much of an issue as long as there is a bed to crash a shower to wash and a toilet....well you know.... so there is no problem staying in b&b's, hotels or even renting an apartment.

Thanks in Advance BDB
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

Get the ferry and coach to liverpool/manchester. Or go to Kilkenny or Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭bigdogbarking

Get the ferry and coach to liverpool/manchester. Or go to Kilkenny or Belfast.

thanks Waltermitty
    The Ferry was an idea but unfortunately it looks like it'll take 7 hours to get to liverpool from dublin? maybe i'm wrong? can anyone correct me?

Kilkenny has been done to death but i suppose i can't rule it out at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭hbxutd

Last time I went down to Wexford they were advertising the fact they were stag/hen friendly places with free drinks/special bar area etc,etc.

Big changes from a few years back, pubs will be glad to see a crowd of ye.
    Can't go wrong with Galway/Kilkenny but there is an element of been there, done that. Carrick on Shannon gets a fair amount of stags/hens too.
    Get langered on a boat by day & then hit the town by night!

Prefer to jump on a ferry myself though

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

you can get a ferry in a little over an hour (stenaline fastcat or something along those lines)

advertised 99mins - if I'm right .

as for suggestions - theres a place in Cavan which will give ye a fantastic day out (hovercraft races, archery, crazy buggy races etc)
    ...cant remember the name of it now....will PM it if I remember.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭LandoCalrissian

Was in Carrick on Shannon a couple of weeks ago for a Stag good spot plenty going on in the town as well as Cartown Nightclub out the road.

Went Paintballing on the Saturday afternoon which was great craic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Limerick.

Train from Dublin to Limerick costs f**k all if you book it online. There's a lots of nice pubs down there, and there's a paintballing place nearby (15 or 20 minutes away). They picked us up from the hotel in their mini-bus, and dropped us back afterwards. Stags are given bright orange overalls, so they stand out very well. Mate got shot from both sides :D

Stayed in Juries, which was central enough, and walking distance from the pubs and clubs.

Went there for a mates stag. Played poker and drank on the train on the way down, but BRING YOUR OWN DRINK ON THE TRAIN, as the cans of drink on it is sometimes dearer than pub :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭bigdogbarking

Looks like we are going to go with carrick on shannon, that is of course if groomzilla can finally make up his mind!!!!

Anyone got any experience there and tips/places to go/activities etc etc

Tempted by Paintball and go karting, preferably paintball so we can inflict PAIN! :)

Advertisement