Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

hair care?

• 19-05-2010 12:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭

Hi All,

At the minute my hair is in bad condition, very light and ends breaking. Was wondering if anyone knows of any conditioners or treatments that will help strengthen it because when i put shampoo and conditioner in, it feels very heavy and i think it's damaging it more?

Thanks,

K

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 331 ✭✭abrr1000

what products are you using at the moment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭kittykrazy

The only product I've found that helps in 30 years of hair hell is Lush Rehab shampoo followed by their Retread. Once every couple of weeks, I use one of their treatments. Smells pretty good too!

I used to use olive oil on dry hair before washing it and that worked well but different shampoos seemed to effect it's, erm, efectiveness.

There's also Terrisales opposite Easons on Abbey St which is a hairdressers supply shop where you can get professional salon hair care stuff at a fraction of the price in salons. Just don't ask for advice cos it's meant to be for hiardressers only.

Hope your hair feels happy again soon!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭MJOR

the K pack by joico is the best.....

I find masqintense by Loreal buy it's pricey

Trsemme have one in a tub that is great

my hair is platinum blonde and shoulder length and can be dry. I sleep in a treatment and rinse it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

kiwi123 wrote: »
    Hi All,

At the minute my hair is in bad condition, very light and ends breaking. Was wondering if anyone knows of any conditioners or treatments that will help strengthen it because when i put shampoo and conditioner in, it feels very heavy and i think it's damaging it more?

Thanks,

K

http://www.lookfantastic.com/hair/av...oo-1000ml.html

try the above, i have highlighted hair, and have been highlighting for around 10 years.... i bought the above with conditioner... its 1000ml so will last months and my hair has never been better!!! I used to use Kerastase for ages and although i liked it, i wanted a change my hair colourist recomended the above and i have to say its brillant... really soft silky hair

Best of luck biggrin.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Sapsorrow

If you actually want to repair the damage rather than try and cover it up with products the best thing you can do is use egg yolk hair masks at least once a week. I managed to completely repair my hair over the space of 6 months this way and years later it's still in really good condition now after being a complete disaster. Just beat up the yolks of a few eggs depending on the length of your hair and add in a tbs of 2 of olive oil, coconut oil or sweet almond oil. Cover it in clingfilm and leave in for as long as possible (preferably a few hours) and wash and condition as usual. If you can't do that just rub one of the oils I mentioned through your hair the night before you wash it as an overnight mask that will minimise the amount of natural oils you dtrip off your hair when you wash it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement