Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

DeVore wrote: »
    You can most certainly die in Forgotten sands, trust me, I've done it a few times! :) If you get yourself into a dead end for which you dont have enough rewind energy, you basically cant do anything but die. Its happens more towards the end of the game when the runs between safe spots gets longer and more convoluted. It always seems to involve water too (since you cant rest on it I guess).

Otherwise I completely agree, I enjoyed the 2k8 version too and found it quite relaxing too once I "got" it. I liked the quite retry-system with Elika cos lets face it, I was always going to retry!

But I prefer this as its a move back towards Sands of Time which I stil think was the best. Pity the writing doesnt seem as crisp, thats one gripe. Its not as bad as others but its not as sharp as SoT.

DeV.

^ Completely agree. If it wasn't for the "guiding light" element in the 2008 game, then it would have been a lot better, as it would have involved trying to use your head instead of blindly following the light. Trying to get all the light orbs showed that the game could still be quite tricky when you didn't have that to follow. I'll probably play the game again soon, but try to go through the whole thing without using Elikas light, as I honestly think that will paint it in a much better light.

Regarding the Forgotten Sands though, I really do think that they built upon the platforming of Sands of Time nicely, controlling the water really brought something that little bit extra to the racing around/up the walls, particularly in later stages where you had to use it a lot more judiciously. The combat was much much better than that of Sands of Time too, and I quite enjoyed fighting such large crowds of monsters at once, and though still a little on the simple side, the combat rarely felt like it was holding you back.

The main thing that left it feeling a little... lacking to me was the scripting. The 2008 POP had the script down pat, with some nice snappy casual, funny banter between the prince and Elika, where this felt like it was left to the game designers to cobble together the script.

Another thing that left me a bit disappointed is to do with the ending, so is a bit spoilerish:
    They'd said that this would bridge the gap between Sands of Time and Warrior Within, so I was very disappointed to not see the Dahaka crop up or become some part of the story, as at the start of Warrior Within it was already chasing the prince. Instead, we're simply given a reason for the prince being so 'dark' in Warrior Within, namely his brothers death.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭robbeardsley

Personally I enjoyed the game. Like Warrior Within updated. I like the frozen ice walks and reanimated structures. It's an addictive game, that I probably will go back over on hard. Should have upped the difficulty but I didn't know it was going to end so quickly

Advertisement