Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Death metal cover versions?

Options
  • 19-05-2010 1:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 260 ✭✭

I was just wondering here on me lunch break have you ever heard or what songs would like to see covered by a death metal band? I havent come across a cover version by a death metal band but I can imagine some band like Carcass or Deicide doing a cover of Motorheads the Ace of Spades, can you imagine it, AND DONT FORGET THE JOKEGGRRRRRR or Morbid Angel doing a cover of Master Puppets lol yes im bored

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Id be a fan of both death metal and glam metal so Id love to see the likes of the Crue or Steel panther songs given the "grunt" treatment I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Deicide have done a version of Deep Purple's "Black Night". Not sure if it's available on any of their cd's though??

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Demeyes

I'm not a big fan of DM covers of lighter songs. They always seem to cheapen the song and often end up being a bit cringeworthy. Don't get me wrong, I love a bit of Death metal but it doesn't always work well.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭bigwormbundoran

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I liked Cannibal Corpse doing "Zero the Hero" myself. But most "lighter" songs don't make too great a transition into Death Metal style in my opinion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

fartmaster wrote: »
    I was just wondering here on me lunch break have you ever heard or what songs would like to see covered by a death metal band? I havent come across a cover version by a death metal band but I can imagine some band like Carcass or Deicide doing a cover of Motorheads the Ace of Spades, can you imagine it, AND DONT FORGET THE JOKEGGRRRRRR or Morbid Angel doing a cover of Master Puppets lol yes im bored

Well Carcass (Jeff Walker and a few other musicians) did put out a country album!

This debut solo release from Jeff Walker, mastermind of legendary band Carcass, contains 11 "cuntry" classics perfomed by an all-star cast including Nicke Anderson (The Hellacopters), Bill Gould (Faith No More), Shane Embry (Napalm Death) and Ville and Gas (H.I.M.) as well as many others

I think it's quite brilliant but very tongue in cheek.

http://www.metalstorm.net/pub/review.php?review_id=2947

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Vader do a pretty good version of Metallicas "Fight Fire With Fire". Its not much different to the original its just basically how it would have sounded if it was heavier and if Hetfield was Polish:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Would love to hear slayer doing ace of spades

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Would love to hear slayer doing ace of spades

Id say that would turn out fairly shite. Slayer are only really suited for playing Slayer material!

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Lucifer31

Cannibal Corpse have also covered Metallica's No Remorse. It's great. The tune seems to really lend itself to the death style. Check it out!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭PeterIanStaker

Lucifer31 wrote: »
    Cannibal Corpse have also covered Metallica's No Remorse. It's great. The tune seems to really lend itself to the death style. Check it out!

It is actually class

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Beaten to it was just going to mention No Remorse haha.

Also Gojira have a great cover of escape

Advertisement