Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bowling an official 300 game?

Options
  • 19-05-2010 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

If I head over to my local bowling alley with my friends and I bowl a 300 game, is that official? I often see lists of people in who bowled 300 games or 800+ series, and Im wondering if that has to be within a tournament or league or can it just be when you are playing with your mates?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Rigardo

tariqbutt wrote: »
    If I head over to my local bowling alley with my friends and I bowl a 300 game, is that official? I often see lists of people in who bowled 300 games or 800+ series, and Im wondering if that has to be within a tournament or league or can it just be when you are playing with your mates?

As far as I know it has to be in league play as lane conditions have to be to a certain standard. I'd recommend talking to someone in the pro-shop as I wouldn't imagine most staff would be too knowledgeable on the subject. Well done all the same, I've never had the pleasure of a 300 game... yet! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,271 ✭✭✭bazza1

The 300 is recognised in tournament or league play on a pair of sanctioned lanes, alternating from lane to lane. You must also be a member of the national organisation for bowling as they are the ones who ratify the scores

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Yep, Bazza1 is spot on. In the place I bowl, there have been a couple of 300 games over the last few years but all in the unsanctioned leagues rather than the sanctioned ones, so while the player can say they've bowled a 300, there is no record of it other than in that centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Oh your bringing me back to my "official" 300 game. What a feeling...

Advertisement