Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top 10 / 20 Golf Betting

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭ValueSeeker

Golf betting on both tours this week doesn't offer too many good betting opportunities for me with the lack of course form and knowledge added to not knowing the state of mind of most after a draining week but 1 guy looks a decent bet for me in Europe:

Scandinavian Masters - 1pt Peter Hedblom Top 20 finish @ 11/4 (Extrabet) Hedblom looked impressive last time out finishing tied 7th in a strong field at The Barclays Scottish Open and he's had since then to prepare for his home event. Considering Extrabet pay out in full for ties, 11/4 is good value for me here.

Scandinavian Masters - 1pt Peter Hedblom Top 20 finish @ 11/4 (Extrabet) Hedblom looked impressive last time out finishing tied 7th in a strong field at The Barclays Scottish Open and he's had since then to prepare for his home event. Considering Extrabet pay out in full for ties, 11/4 is good value for me here.

Bet = Lose

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Keep it up ValueSeeker,first time I checked out the thread.

Birdie fest being touted over in America this week and the theme of my picks will be birdies. The course is very short and word is that the (wider than usual) fairways are also playing soft so I'll be looking for the big hitting aggressive birdie makers to over power this course and players like Hoffmann, Marino, Holmes, Barnes and Watney are all standouts for me here at good value prices.

Greenbrier Classic Selections Offering Value

-1pt Charley hoffmann Top 10 finish @ 9/2 (Extrabet) Hoffmann was back to form last week and not many people make more birdies than he does on the PGA tour.

-1pt JB Holmes Top 10 finish @ 3/1 (Extrabet) Holmes is the type of player that could really take advantage of this set up if his tee shots are up to scratch this week. Over powering courses is his speciality. Also well up there in the birdie stats.

3 Irish Open - 1pt Jamie Donaldson top 10 finish @ 6/1 (general) Donaldson looked good over the weekend last week and tends to be quite a streaky player. Price too big to dismiss.

• Advertisement

Greenbrier Classic Selections Offering Value

-1pt Charley hoffmann Top 10 finish @ 9/2 (Extrabet) Hoffmann was back to form last week and not many people make more birdies than he does on the PGA tour.

-1pt JB Holmes Top 10 finish @ 3/1 (Extrabet) Holmes is the type of player that could really take advantage of this set up if his tee shots are up to scratch this week. Over powering courses is his speciality. Also well up there in the birdie stats.

3 Irish Open - 1pt Jamie Donaldson top 10 finish @ 6/1 (general) Donaldson looked good over the weekend last week and tends to be quite a streaky player. Price too big to dismiss.

Bets = Lose

Back to courses I know well this week and thus hopefully a turnaround in form.

WGC Bridgestone Invitational

Selections Offering Value

1pt Ernie Els Top 10 finish @ 10/3 (Totesport) The other books are about right on Els averaging about 5/2 but Totesport give slight value pricing him up at 10/3. His steady game will be key around here with length and placement off the tee vital as well as scrambling skills.

1pt Lucas Glover Top 20 finish @ 11/4 (Extrabet) Long and straight is what we are looking for at Firestone and Glover stands out with those attributes. Obviously has the head (and talent)for big events now after major success.

Turning Stone Resort - 1pt Matthew Goggin Top 20 finish @ 4/1 (Extrabet) Showed signs of some form last week with a decent 4 days in the Greenbrier. Good record at Atunyote apart from last year when he withdrew after day 1. Can be inspired by compatriot Appleby's success last week.

Thread Stats:

Staked:
    28pts | Returned: 40.25pts | Profit: +12.25pts

Back to courses I know well this week and thus hopefully a turnaround in form.

WGC Bridgestone Invitational

Selections Offering Value

1pt Ernie Els Top 10 finish @ 10/3 (Totesport) The other books are about right on Els averaging about 5/2 but Totesport give slight value pricing him up at 10/3. His steady game will be key around here with length and placement off the tee vital as well as scrambling skills.

1pt Lucas Glover Top 20 finish @ 11/4 (Extrabet) Long and straight is what we are looking for at Firestone and Glover stands out with those attributes. Obviously has the head (and talent)for big events now after major success.

Turning Stone Resort - 1pt Matthew Goggin Top 20 finish @ 4/1 (Extrabet) Showed signs of some form last week with a decent 4 days in the Greenbrier. Good record at Atunyote apart from last year when he withdrew after day 1. Can be inspired by compatriot Appleby's success last week.

Bets = Lose

USPGA Championship 1pt Angel Cabrera Top 20 finish @ 4/1 (PP) Loves the big occasion and well used to this type of course and conditions. Warmed up nicely last week and could be in the running for the trophy come Sunday.

• Advertisement

USPGA Championship

1pt Jerry Kelly Top 20 finish @ 10/1 (Betfair) 3rd last week at Turning Stone after a -8 final round meaning confidence will be high going into an event he will love, thriving off the support of the home fans. He loves attention and will hopefully feed off that this week.

USPGA Championship 1pt Angel Cabrera Top 20 finish @ 4/1 (PP) Loves the big occasion and well used to this type of course and conditions. Warmed up nicely last week and could be in the running for the trophy come Sunday.
    USPGA Championship

1pt Jerry Kelly Top 20 finish @ 10/1 (Betfair) 3rd last week at Turning Stone after a -8 final round meaning confidence will be high going into an event he will love, thriving off the support of the home fans. He loves attention and will hopefully feed off that this week.

Bets = Lose

Czech Open 1pt Michael Hoey Top 20 finish @ 7/4 Extrabet. I was hoping for better odds but since he's the guy I've had my eye on all week and before for the Czech Open, I still can't ignore him at that price. In great current form and has the attributes needed to tackle this course.

Wyndham championship

1pts Martin Laird Top 20 finish @ 12/5 (PP) Laird has been playing some good golf of late with a top 20 at Bridgestone and a good performance at the PGA. He also has course form and in what is a relatively weak field, he could contend come Sunday. Streaky player.

1pt David Toms Top 10 @ 9/2 (Extrabet) Finding some form and course should suit down to the ground. Very steady player.

Czech Open 1pt Michael Hoey Top 20 finish @ 7/4 Extrabet. I was hoping for better odds but since he's the guy I've had my eye on all week and before for the Czech Open, I still can't ignore him at that price. In great current form and has the attributes needed to tackle this course.
    Wyndham championship

1pts Martin Laird Top 20 finish @ 12/5 (PP) Laird has been playing some good golf of late with a top 20 at Bridgestone and a good performance at the PGA. He also has course form and in what is a relatively weak field, he could contend come Sunday. Streaky player.

1pt David Toms Top 10 @ 9/2 (Extrabet) Finding some form and course should suit down to the ground. Very steady player.

Bet Returns: 5.5pts (Toms)

Thread Stats:

Staked:
    36pts | Returned: 45.75pts | Profit: +9.75pts

Johnnie Walker - 1pt Jimenez Top 10 finish @ 3/1 (PP) Paddypower currently go 3/1 on Jimenez for a top 10 finish which looks like a pricing error to me but 1 they couldn't pass off as such but it won't last long. Jimenez has called off plans to go to a family wedding to play here and the Ryder cup hopeful is one to watch this week. Game is suited to the course.

The Barclays

1pt Garret Willis Top 20 finish @ 5/1 (Extrabet) - Willis has numerous top 20's to his name this season and his stats jump out for this course. 20th in ball striking, 24th in all round ranking, 5th in GIR and 9th in driving accuracy. Confidence is high after a 12th place finish last week and he could be a sleeper this week.

Johnnie Walker - 1pt Jimenez Top 10 finish @ 3/1 (PP) Paddypower currently go 3/1 on Jimenez for a top 10 finish which looks like a pricing error to me but 1 they couldn't pass off as such but it won't last long. Jimenez has called off plans to go to a family wedding to play here and the Ryder cup hopeful is one to watch this week. Game is suited to the course.
    The Barclays

1pt Garret Willis Top 20 finish @ 5/1 (Extrabet) - Willis has numerous top 20's to his name this season and his stats jump out for this course. 20th in ball striking, 24th in all round ranking, 5th in GIR and 9th in driving accuracy. Confidence is high after a 12th place finish last week and he could be a sleeper this week.

Bet Returns: 4pts (Jiminez)

Deutche Bank

1pt each on Cink and Cabrera to finish in the top 10 @ 6/1 - Both good value this week IMO. Course suits both and they are both players who will benefit froma run of golf.

• Advertisement
Advertisement