Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Smallest dish receiving DigitAlb (since Jan 2010)?

• 19-05-2010 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

A question to those of you using DigitAlb for EPL.

What is the smallest dish that can get DigitAlb Sports channels since Jan 2010?

I'm a bit confused by the information I see on the coverage sites.

It seems to me that if the channels are on SESAT E16 then you'd need a big (1.1M at least) dish, whereas if they are on Eurobird E16 then a minidish would probably do.

I can't really tell from looking online.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

I don't use Digitalb anymore because the picture quality was so poor ... but when i did have it, initially 80cm dish was about the right dish size .. but again depends on your location .. would not think a mini dish would pick up much at all if anything ..

• Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Comes in fine on my 1.2 metre a little flacky on my old 88cm when it rained

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭sob1467

I am receiving Digitalb with a 1.0 meter dish in Donegal. The sports channels come in good but since January I have not been able to receive hd1 hd2 hd3 and Nat Geo HD at all. As for the film channels some times they work sometimes they do not work.

You are asking about Digitalb for the epl but Digitalb have lost their rights in Albania a company called Tring now have the Albanian rights to broadcast the epl this means the epl will not be on Digitalb for a t least 3 years.

Without the epl Digitalb is no better than the Aljazeera card which only costs around €100 and carry almost the exact same competitions as dDgitalb do.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Wiggy

Thanks all.

Tring use the same satellite I guess?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭sob1467

Wiggy wrote: »
    Thanks all.

Tring use the same satellite I guess?
    Yes, Tring also broadcast from 16 east.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 246 ✭✭pelisor2000

1.2m dish ok ( weak on hd channels)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭Manc-Red

88cm on 16e pulls it in no problem for me unless it absolute lashing it down....

10e has never been a problem for me for the Supersport package since they began broadcasting on that

Advertisement