Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ridiculous

Options
  • 19-05-2010 2:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭

I was looking to re-home some new puppies. The moderator, Mr Magnolia closed the topic and was being really rude about it... I mean its not like I was being cheeky and trying to sell a car or whatever, it was free puppies in the Louth area so I placed in the Louth region forum. He has an attitude problem and is on a power trip and he had no need to be so rude about it... could he not have even just closed it? Instead he had to remove my number so if someone did want the puppies they had no way to contact me.

I've been using boards on and off on this username and some previous ones since about 2002 or 2003. Its power trip mods like him who are ruining these forums.

The original thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

A couple of points.

Did you read the charter of the Louth forum? Specifically the part that prohibits advertising? Each forum has its own rules and regulations and what is acceptable in one forum may not be acceptable in another.

Generally speaking, the posting of telephone numbers and any other personal information on the internet is not a good idea. It is not the same as putting contact details in the newspaper. As such, the general rule across Boards.ie is that posting of phone numbers is not permitted. It is for your own protection.
    bigneacy wrote: »
    He has an attitude problem and is on a power trip and he had no need to be so rude about it... could he not have even just closed it? Instead he had to remove my number so if someone did want the puppies they had no way to contact me.

See above. On a power trip, or following the rules? The rules which you did not read.

You decide.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

I wouldn't be bothered if I had blatantly just put up a car for sale or something to that effect. Its not for my financial gain, the puppies are free!

If you look at other forums (and yes, I am a member of a number of other forums) you will see what we are up against.

First it is free puppies. Then it is a charity fund-raiser night. Then it is a monster raffle to raise money. Then it is car-boot sale and so on. If we let one advert in, the floodgates are open.

That's what Adverts.ie is for. :)

So while I accept it may appear a little harsh, I hope you can understand why we take a tough line on advertisements in the main forum and ask that they be placed on adverts.ie.

This is to preserve the main Boards.ie site as it was intended - a discussion forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    First it is free puppies. Then it is a charity fund-raiser night. Then it is a monster raffle to raise money. Then it is car-boot sale and so on. If we let one advert in, the floodgates are open.

That's what Adverts.ie is for. :)
    Steady on there Tom. :)

We don't allow any living creatures on adverts and have only ever allowed one charity. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

ok so i can see what you mean... i was just a bit heated earlier.... cleaning up after so 3 puppies and a dog can get to you after a while!

• Advertisement

smashey wrote: »
    Steady on there Tom. :)

We don't allow any living creatures on adverts and have only ever allowed one charity. ;)

Oops. Didn't know that. Thanks for clarifying.
    bigneacy wrote: »
    ok so i can see what you mean... i was just a bit heated earlier.... cleaning up after so 3 puppies and a dog can get to you after a while!

No problem, I understand completely.

Advertisement