Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Television

Options
  • 19-05-2010 2:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭

Hey Guys,

I'm living in a shared house at the moment and one of teh girls is moving out. Unfortunately she's taking the TV with her!! Booooo!! (it's hers btw, she's not just a total bitch!)

I can't really afford to buy a new one but was wondering would anyone be selling a cheap second hand one or is there a gum-tree type thing in Galway where people throw old TVS and such away that they no longer want?

I'll be lost without my TV:(

Thanks guys

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

check adverts.ie
    probably a cheap telly there.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Adverts is the one, you may even get a free one, I gave a tele to a boards member for nothing there not so long ago. Just needed to get rid of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Beetlebum

Cool...I'll check adverts.ie

And if there are any lovely generous boardsies out there looking to get rid of a TV be sure to let me know!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

O connors tv on the sean Mulvoy road do second hand tv's

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

I've a couple of spare tellys (one without a remote) you're welcome to one of them, and I think I have a DVD player going begging too if that's any good to you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭crally

Hi

i can give you a tv. it is the older type but working perfectly.

c
    Beetlebum wrote: »
    Hey Guys,

I'm living in a shared house at the moment and one of teh girls is moving out. Unfortunately she's taking the TV with her!! Booooo!! (it's hers btw, she's not just a total bitch!)

I can't really afford to buy a new one but was wondering would anyone be selling a cheap second hand one or is there a gum-tree type thing in Galway where people throw old TVS and such away that they no longer want?

I'll be lost without my TV:(

Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭crally

hi. i have a tv if you want it. it is working perfectly.

I've a couple of spare tellys (one without a remote) you're welcome to one of them, and I think I have a DVD player going begging too if that's any good to you?

That'd be sweet!!

I don't care too much how old the TV is even once it works.

I'll PM you my details and arrange to get it if that's okay..

I owe you a pint...or a bottle of bucky!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,252 ✭✭✭✭Madame Razz

Awwwwwwww; all the kind offers of tvs; this thread gives me teh warm fuzzy feeling:)

Awwwwwwww; all the kind offers of tvs; this thread gives me teh warm fuzzy feeling:)
    It's probably the radiation from all these old TVs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭stunt_penguin

I'm moving house in the next month and I've got a 32" Sony CRT TV that you can have - you'd need to call over to take it away though! It's a pretty sweet set, I just replaced it with a bit flatscreen thing though :p

PM if interested!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

This is why I love Galway. :D

You people are awesome!!!

ScumLord wrote: »
    Adverts is the one, you may even get a free one, I gave a tele to a boards member for nothing there not so long ago. Just needed to get rid of it.

Yes you did, and it was greatly appreciated. Once again, thank you for that.

Yes you did, and it was greatly appreciated. Once again, thank you for that.

I know!! Thanks to all who replied to this thread - You guys rock and thanks Buckie for sorting me out!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

Beetlebum wrote: »
    I know!! Thanks to all who replied to this thread - You guys rock and thanks Buckie for sorting me out!

No bother... and technically it's thanks Buckie's girlfriend for sorting you out! Happy watching!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'm moving house in the next month and I've got a 32" Sony CRT TV that you can have - you'd need to call over to take it away though! It's a pretty sweet set, I just replaced it with a bit flatscreen thing though :p

PM if interested!
    Thanks again mate!
    Very heavy but very nice!
    Pints on me next beers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Just goes to show Galway Boardsies are the nicest people around.

Just goes to show Galway Boardsies are the nicest people around.

The proof is in the puddin'

The proof is in the puddin'
    Is there free puddin' too? :eek:

Advertisement