Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pm's ALLEGEDLY forwarded to admin. Cleared up. =]

Options
  • 19-05-2010 2:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭

Now, before I get in to this, Gordon contacted me over this and moderately cleared things up for me but I have not received anything more since and no action was taken.

A while ago, a user tripped themselves up and forwarded me a pm conversation that went on between myself and that user. I then got another Pm saying "Ooops WTF?"

I asked "These weren't for me, where they?"
    User: No, they weren't.
    Me: A mod?
    User: No, an admin.
    Me: Which one and why?
    User: Don't know why and none of your business what Admin, they're my pm's and I can do what I like with them and send them to who I want. I was just told to forward on any Pm's I had from you.

Sorry but that, is búll****, I contributed 50% of the total Pm's. They're my Pm's. I did not give permission for them to be forwarded to an Admin, or anybody else for that matter. I don't like this sneaky in the dark carry on.

There was nothing within the Pm's for a reason to be given for them to be reported so what's going on? I reported the Pm's when the user tripped up and forwarded them to me instead of the Admin with the reason "User is forwarding a pm conversation I had with them to another user. Why?" and nobody contacted me, which is why I contacted Gordon directly as I got fed up waiting.

I think I reported them a 2nd time when I found out they were being forwarded to an Admin. Same story, I heard nothing back after I reported them.

I'd now like to know what Admin they were sent to and why. At least own up to it. What disturbs me most is that whichever Admin is behind this, it looks like they specifically requested this user to forward on any pm's they had from me.

I do not give permission for the content of the Pm's to be published in this thread. Pm's are private for a reason. One Admin (and whoever else) has seen them is more than enough. I can't make reference to the Pm's myself as they mysteriously disappeared from my Pm's.

IMO Pm's should have an auto-delete feature that activates the minute they're replied to. Stop any of this ridiculous carry on.

Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

From the limited information I have available to me, this appears to be a spectacular misunderstanding between you and that particular user and an issue with a mistake being made.

No hidden agenda, no issue with you, nothing underhanded. Purely between you and that person.

I strongly suggest you clear up this issue with that user.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,399 ✭✭✭Bonito

Not likely. I saved that user from a ban in Cool Vids & Pics & links because of an abusive post they made. I pm'd them to see if something was wrong that made them lash out. The conversation then went from there.

Then, a few weeks later the user forwarded me the entire conversation out of the blue and at which point the following took place over Pm:

Me: "These weren't for me, where they?"
    User: No, they weren't.
    Me: A mod?
    User: No, an admin.
    Me: Which one and why?
    User: Don't know why and none of your business what Admin, they're my pm's and I can do what I like with them and send them to who I want. I was just told to forward on any Pm's I had from you.

The admin requested the pm's from the user. I did clear this up with the user. I asked why were they forwarding our conversation to an Admin and I was informed that the Admin had requested they fwd any pm's they had from me.

Of course your info is limited Tom. Sure not even I have the pm's anymore, let alone you.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Bonito wrote: »
    Now, before I get in to this, Gordon contacted me over this and moderately cleared things up for me but I have not received anything more since and no action was taken.
    Hiya. You contacted me and DeV over this originally. You seemed happy in the last PM that you sent me, and you didn't request action to be taken after I explained what I knew of the situation. So you were well aware of that at the time.
    Sorry but that, is búll****, I contributed 50% of the total Pm's. They're my Pm's. I did not give permission for them to be forwarded to an Admin, or anybody else for that matter. I don't like this sneaky in the dark carry on.

There was nothing within the Pm's for a reason to be given for them to be reported so what's going on? I reported the Pm's when the user tripped up and forwarded them to me instead of the Admin with the reason "User is forwarding a pm conversation I had with them to another user. Why?" and nobody contacted me, which is why I contacted Gordon directly as I got fed up waiting.
    You reported the PM only once on the 22nd April at 14:27 then PMd me and DeV that day at 15:09.
    I think I reported them a 2nd time when I found out they were being forwarded to an Admin. Same story, I heard nothing back after I reported them.
    You didn't.
    I'd now like to know what Admin they were sent to and why. At least own up to it. What disturbs me most is that whichever Admin is behind this, it looks like they specifically requested this user to forward on any pm's they had from me.

I do not give permission for the content of the Pm's to be published in this thread. Pm's are private for a reason. One Admin (and whoever else) has seen them is more than enough. I can't make reference to the Pm's myself as they mysteriously disappeared from my Pm's.
    As I say, I can forward you any PMs you sent to me if ye like.
    The admin requested the pm's from the user. I did clear this up with the user. I asked why were they forwarding our conversation to an Admin and I was informed that the Admin had requested they fwd any pm's they had from me.
    This is what the user is telling you, yeah? I think this is an issue between the user and yourself tbh, but I've told you that in our previous PM conversation, and you were happy with that advice.

I don't know how else to help you dude, sorry.

What I will say, though, is: if the user that you are talking about did this by mistake, or gave you porkies or this is all made up/whatever - I'd like it if he PMd you, Bonito, to explain it. Because if that's the case then I'd be angry at him too, but if he owned up he'd be the bigger man. I can't force him to PM you though, obviously.

Thanks for the reply Gordon. I'm not trying to get anyone's backs up or anything of the sort. I'd just like some clarity of the situation. I doubt I'll get a straight answer off the user whether it was all a hoax or them acting the maggot or if it all really did happen and what not.

Would I be wrong to have more trust in our Admins in order to find out if my pm's were really forwarded to one of them?

If I pm the user and ask them to clear up all of this and whether or not it was real and they tell me that they were really asked to forward pm's, can I trust the Admin in question to contact me and own up to it and explain why it happened?

If it does turn out that this user was just acting the eejit by pm'ing me with a tripe story to wind me up is there anything that can be done about it?

I can see where you're coming from with the hoax thing. The user would have to have put my name in the recipient box instead of an Admin's username. They'd have to be pretty distracted to do something like that, or acting stupid, or doing it deliberately in order to wind me up.

Trolling via pm, it's the new fad! :pac:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,307 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

OK, just to bring you up to speed a bit Bonito. I've PMd the other poster and pointed them in the direction of this thread. I've pointed out to them that no admin asked for your PMs to be forwarded to them, but that you would be understandably reluctant to believe that without further corroboration. I've told them that posting on this thread would clear things up once and for all, but that I can understand why they wouldn't want to do that, but that at the very least they owe you a PM explaining themselves properly.

There's nothing more I can do for you at this stage, but I should make it clear that no threats were made or repercussions for a failure to comply with my request pointed out to them. They now have two choices, be an adult and accept responsibility for their actions, or sit this one out and leave you to believe that for some reason one or more admins are taking a special interest in you. The ball is now in their court.

• Advertisement

The user has PM'd me. His story does not match up with his original. I wont put pm's out in the open but I have shown enough proof to one of your co-Admins that the user's stories do not make sense or match up.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Thanks for the reply Gordon. I'm not trying to get anyone's backs up or anything of the sort. I'd just like some clarity of the situation. I doubt I'll get a straight answer off the user whether it was all a hoax or them acting the maggot or if it all really did happen and what not.
    Due to data protection we can't necessarily divulge what private material another person sends to us so when PMs come into play clarity is a little tricky unfortunately. In this case it caused you grief, naturally, but we as Admins are between an informational rock and a hard place where data like that is concerned.
    Would I be wrong to have more trust in our Admins in order to find out if my pm's were really forwarded to one of them?

If I pm the user and ask them to clear up all of this and whether or not it was real and they tell me that they were really asked to forward pm's, can I trust the Admin in question to contact me and own up to it and explain why it happened?

If it does turn out that this user was just acting the eejit by pm'ing me with a tripe story to wind me up is there anything that can be done about it?

I can see where you're coming from with the hoax thing. The user would have to have put my name in the recipient box instead of an Admin's username. They'd have to be pretty distracted to do something like that, or acting stupid, or doing it deliberately in order to wind me up.

Trolling via pm, it's the new fad! :pac:
    Hopefully it won't be, there's enough abuse via PM as it is! As I think you've got a reply from that user, it just goes to show that just because someone tells you something, it doesn't necessarily mean it's true.

And for any listeners out there, that chick you're PMing - she's a dude, sorry.

OK. I now believe my Pm's were not being sent to an Admin. However, I still don't believe the story I'm now being told of what actually happened. It's too far fetched for my liking TBH.

Thanks lads. :)

Just to put a bit of context on to things. I was merely inquisitive in the entirety of this thread. Not one of my posts were made while I was in a bad mood. Now, I'm sure you all have thick skins being Admins but if any of yourselves feel I was a bit too aggro about the whole situation you have my apologies if it seems I was annoyed or argumentative. :)

Advertisement