Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What MP 3 Player with Radio and Other Specs read below

• 19-05-2010 2:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭

Ok have a creative zen and the radio has given up the ghost. Posted here but if I cannot fix this then looking for a new one

What features I am looking for are
    • Radio installed and be able to store them
    • Be able to switch between Radio & Player from earphones ie dont have to take it out of pocket
    • Expandable Memory. Nothing to Big or to small something in between
    • Shuffle Play
    • Easy Menu

Not looking for anything that plays videos or stores pics as have enough other gadgets for this

Looking at San Disk what are these like ? Anyone got one and does it tick all of the boxes above ?

If not can anyone recommend a player not mad money and where to buy either online or bricks and mortar

PS Not keen on Apples the players that is :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

I don't know of any mp3 player that can do the second one... but a Sansa Fuze or Clip+ (non-plus Clip is not expandable) will do the rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Well looks like the radio on my Zen is Fubarred:( May check to see if it hardware can be fixed but maybe not worth the price:rolleyes:

Looking at the San Disk and best price is on Amazon. Are these still on sale in bricks and mortar shops so I can have a look at them. Anyone got one and is it easy to switch from radio to songs and vice versa as will only be using this for the bus journey into Work. Some DJ's in the morning get on my wick so its good to switch:D

You can get them in Harvey Norman and PC World usually. Switching is pretty easy, one press of the Home button takes you back to the root menu and you choose Radio from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 983 ✭✭✭daveob007

scandisk sansa fuse is expandable vie a micro sd card,has all the things you want except for the switching vie headphones.
    great player would go for one of those

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,728 ✭✭✭Irish Gunner

Thanks for that

Are they any spurious headphones where I can change stations / songs using button on headphones ?

Out to PC World and Harvey Norman to see prices and what they are like this weekend:D

• Advertisement

I don't think the Sansa players have support for that functionality in headphones I'm afraid... some of the newer iPods do but as you say they're not of much interest to you.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

If you get a clip+ it'll be just a tiny bit bigger than the kinds of remote you are talking about, so you'll just need to manage your headphone cord :D

Advertisement