Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom issue

Options
  • 19-05-2010 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭

Hey, I got into arrears with my eircom landline and BB connection, and my service was barred. I got in touch and was told that if I paid the full balance, my service would be restored within 24 hours, so I duly paid the entire amount by laser and was told by the agent that my line would not now be cut off.

The following day they disconnected my line and closed my account. I then endured the worst customer service experience I've ever known, and have been told the only option is to order a new line, wait for a week for it to go live, and enter a brand new 12 month contract as well as pay a connection fee.

Anyone know if I have any rights in this case?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭mackmuffin

Do you have proof that you were assured it wouldn't be cut off?

If not, you have a weak case, although you could try calling them and explaining and if that fails, send a registered letter. I don't think you'll have much luck though.

• Registered Users Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

I'm pretty resigned to re-ordering, but I still feel a little cheated. I used to run a customer care team for another telecoms company and I know that we would have bent over backwards (altho, not literally) to help a customer out if anything similar to this happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,912 ✭✭✭JDxtra

You were unlucky with timing. Sounds like you just left it a bit too late to pay as the termination request may have been already issued to a technical team. I dont see what else you can do except ask nicely for a compromise. Remember, you did not pay your bills and have caused them hassle. They owe you nothing as far as I see it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

A brand new line is free ( free installation)

http://www.eircom.ie/About/Activities/internet_special_offer.pdf

"eircom Residential PSTN Standard Connection Promotion"

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Don't forget there's a 6 month PSTN contract these days so your out of luck for getting ti active again and moving to another company.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    A brand new line is free ( free installation)

http://www.eircom.ie/About/Activities/internet_special_offer.pdf

"eircom Residential PSTN Standard Connection Promotion"

As far as I know, this is only free for new customers, ie not the same name as the person who just had their line cut off.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    As far as I know, this is only free for new customers, ie not the same name as the person who just had their line cut off.

Put the order under a different name, as far as they'll be concerned its a new customer

Advertisement