Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Citywest to Town

Options
  • 19-05-2010 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know apart from a taxi how would one get into town from Citywest at about 3am? Looked at Dublin Bus and the first is at 6.05, is there any feeder buses from Citywest to town or anywhere walkable, etc...?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

TAxi

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Anyone know apart from a taxi how would one get into town from Citywest at about 3am? Looked at Dublin Bus and the first is at 6.05, is there any feeder buses from Citywest to town or anywhere walkable, etc...?
    SantryRed wrote: »
    TAxi

:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Hi Gav,

This probably won't be much help to you but thought I'd let you know anyway.

I used to work out there and used to finish some nights around 4am and if I didn't have a lift I had to wait in work for the first bus, I don't think there are any other options really.

Some companies in the park might run buses to take workers home but as you know they will most likely be private.

There's nowhere that's realistically walkable in any direction.

Sorry as I said not very helpful but just thought I'd pass the info on to you

Feck it anyway, fork out about 30 quid on a taxi or wait till 6am, think I'll go with the latter.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

If its the weekend the 69n nightlink has a terminus in saggart which is a stones throw from citywest, Im not sure of where its pick up points are though.

I know the 51n will let you on in clondalkin village if you can get to there from citywest and its probably more regular than the 69n but again its only weekends

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

eireal wrote: »
    If its the weekend the 69n nightlink has a terminus in saggart which is a stones throw from citywest, Im not sure of where its pick up points are though.

I know the 51n will let you on in clondalkin village if you can get to there from citywest and its probably more regular than the 69n but again its only weekends

Nitelinks only operate in service outbound - the OP is trying to go inbound.

Taxi is the only option I am afraid.

Any early houses in Citywest? :D

Cheers for al the replies, looks like I'll have to hack first bus at 6am, long end to the college exams so.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

I live near there.

Take your pick: taxi, walk or wait until the first bus. :D

In fairness, you won't get into town from anywhere at that time without one of the above.

stovelid wrote: »
    I live near there.

Take your pick: taxi, walk or wait until the first bus. :D

In fairness, you won't get into town from anywhere at that time without one of the above.

Lift? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,252 ✭✭✭✭stovelid

Lift? :)

I'll offer one on the 'Da principle': leave at a half-decent hour and I'll think about it. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Well if you are finishing your activities at 3am you could always go on shanks mare, should take about 2-2.5 hours and the Tallaght area can be quite nice at 4am ;)

Advertisement